NCAA Tournament!

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

In your opinion? If 5 of 16 isn’t acceptable, what is?

The fact that you think John Groce is comparable to Painter speaks volumes. Groce has a whopping one S16 appearance in his career. 

Even you at this time of obvious frustration, embarrassment and anger should be able to decipher the two. Since I asked you a question and you answered with a non-answer I'll say this. We sent our coach packing when he was in 3 Sweet 16's in 5 years and 2 Big 10 titles....if that tells you what I think unacceptable is. 

Come on dude. Be better. I know some of the crew around here gives you a long leash but it is what it is. Painter pissed down his leg again. If the bar is 33% success rate over a tenure (33% being defined making it to 2nd weekend).....Painter is the man. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Based on what? They’re the youngest team in the conference and one of the youngest in the country so not sure what you’re referring to?

Based on the fact that you have 3 Juniors on the starting lineup and another in Wheeler off the bench. Purdue only plays two true freshman and three sophomores/RS freshman.  You don’t get to consider Newman and Gillis as freshman when you’re talking about age. Purdue has a very average aged team by today’s standards 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Based on the fact that you have 3 Juniors on the starting lineup and another in Wheeler off the bench. Purdue only plays two true freshman and three sophomores/RS freshman.  You don’t get to consider Newman and Gillis as freshman when you’re talking about age. Purdue has a very average aged team by today’s standards 

So you’re just going to ignore stats that show were one of the youngest teams in the country? And actually you do get to count Newman and Gillis as freshmen lol. 

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m sure that’s what the committee was thinking. 

I was half-joking. They try to arrange matchups they think will get big ratings, and they remember teams that make an impression. The Virginia and Tennessee games two years ago were among the best in the tournament, and people don't forget that. Might also explain why Mike DeCourcy and Debbie Antonelli thought this Purdue team would reach the Final Four. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Even you at this time of obvious frustration, embarrassment and anger should be able to decipher the two. Since I asked you a question and you answered with a non-answer I'll say this. We sent our coach packing when he was in 3 Sweet 16's in 5 years and 2 Big 10 titles....if that tells you what I think unacceptable is. 

Come on dude. Be better. I know some of the crew around here gives you a long leash but it is what it is. Painter pissed down his leg again. If the bar is 33% success rate over a tenure (33% being defined making it to 2nd weekend).....Painter is the man. 

I mean I honestly have no idea what would be considered average. Half the time?

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I was half-joking. They try to arrange matchups they think will get big ratings, and they remember teams that make an impression. The Virginia and Tennessee games two years ago were among the best in the tournament, and people don't forget that. Might also explain why Mike DeCourcy and Debbie Antonelli thought this Purdue team would reach the Final Four. 

I know. Just pissed off tonight. My b

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So you’re just going to ignore stats that show were one of the youngest teams in the country? And actually you do get to count Newman and Gillis as freshmen lol. 

I don’t know what stats you’re referring to other than you declaring they are one of the youngest teams in the country. Got a link? I haven’t seen a single published article or ranking list.

The term “young” pertains to age. The notion of a “young team” relates to the guys who actually play. If you want to argue Purdue is one of the more inexperienced teams or is a team that lacks depth...fine. To be “an extremely young team” you need to be playing more than two 18-19 year olds. 

6 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

The tourney is separating the BIG wheat from the chaff. It's been a little brutal so far but trust me, 3 BIG teams will still make the Elite Eight or my name isn't Johnny Busted Brackets. 

Rutgers, Maryland, and Wisconsin?

I actually started my bracket with 6 B1G teams in the Elite Eight, realized that was stupid and switched it down to 4.  But, a day later I said Screw It and bumped it back to 6.  I suck at brackets,  Always have.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Rutgers, Maryland, and Wisconsin?

I actually started my bracket with 6 B1G teams in the Elite Eight, realized that was stupid and switched it down to 4.  But, a day later I said Screw It and bumped it back to 6.  I suck at brackets,  Always have.  

I have Iowa, Illinois and Michigan in the Final Four, with Iowa winning the whole thing. I even had Purdue winning a game for crying out loud. So don't lecture me about how bad you suck picking winners. I did pick Rutgers to win which they just did. That's awesome, I root for Rutgers, I like their team.

4 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I have Iowa, Illinois and Michigan in the Final Four, with Iowa winning the whole thing. I even had Purdue winning a game for crying out loud. So don't lecture me about how bad you suck picking winners. I did pick Rutgers to win which they just did. That's awesome, I root for Rutgers, I like their team.

May the Force be with you....

16 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I don’t know what stats you’re referring to other than you declaring they are one of the youngest teams in the country. Got a link? I haven’t seen a single published article or ranking list.

The term “young” pertains to age. The notion of a “young team” relates to the guys who actually play. If you want to argue Purdue is one of the more inexperienced teams or is a team that lacks depth...fine. To be “an extremely young team” you need to be playing more than two 18-19 year olds. 

Purdue plays Edey, Ivey, Gillis, Newman, and Thompson. Those are 5 guys that are 1st or 2nd year guys. 

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/mens/basketball/article_f6af95fc-2522-55d6-85fa-655fe819baaa.html

It’s been discussed on multiple broadcasts regarding how young they are. They have zero seniors. 

Archived