NCAA Tournament!

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue plays Edey, Ivey, Gillis, Newman, and Thompson. Those are 5 guys that are 1st or 2nd year guys. 

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/mens/basketball/article_f6af95fc-2522-55d6-85fa-655fe819baaa.html

It’s been discussed on multiple broadcasts regarding how young they are. They have zero seniors. 

Purdue will be good going forward. They will only get better from this past year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I filled mine out as quickly as I could and tried not to think about any of the games. But one I actually did stop and think about was Villanova-Winthrop. Wishing I had that one back. 

LOL,,,,Winthrop was a chic upset pick according to the talking heads.

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agrees. This group was ahead of schedule IMO. Didn’t expect a top 4 B1G finish until next year. 

IU will hopefully be owning you guys again soon. 

But I did have PU going to the E8 in my bracket.

Honestly a really messed up year. This may be the most mad March madness ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue plays Edey, Ivey, Gillis, Newman, and Thompson. Those are 5 guys that are 1st or 2nd year guys. 

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/mens/basketball/article_f6af95fc-2522-55d6-85fa-655fe819baaa.html

It’s been discussed on multiple broadcasts regarding how young they are. They have zero seniors. 

Show me something other than an opinion piece that proves Purdue statistically is significantly younger than then the vast majority of teams. IU has one senior and plays a kid who should be in high school...along with 3 other true freshman and three sophomores. By your definition Race qualifies as a sophomore (so make thet 4) because he was hurt almost all of his sophomore season so if you don’t play it doesn’t count. That leaves us with only Rob and Al as upperclassmen. Cute excuse for underperforming in a tournament down the road from your campus to a program who’s never won a tournament game, but I’m not buying it. The only reason Purdue made the tournament is because they had the easiest schedule imaginable. Perhaps Purdue simply isn’t nearly as good as you think they are. 

Edited by Hoosier82
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

My 8 year old daughter picked Oral Roberts. She thought the name was funny. 

My daughter was 6 when Florida Gulf Coast made their run and she picked them because she like Florida  Of course, we all had a good laugh before the tournament, but she ended up getting the last laugh.  She did take them too far though,  She had them going to the title game.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Show me something other than an opinion piece that proves Purdue statistically is significantly younger than then the vast majority of teams. IU has one senior and plays a kid who should be in high school...along with 3 other true freshman and three sophomores. By your definition Race qualifies as a sophomore (so make thet 4) because he was hurt almost all of his sophomore season so if you don’t play it doesn’t count. That leaves us with only Rob and Al as upperclassmen. Cute excuse for underperforming in a tournament down the road from your campus to a program who’s never won a tournament game, but I’m not buying it. The only reason Purdue made the tournament is because they had the easiest schedule imaginable. Perhaps Purdue simply isn’t nearly as good as you think they are. 

The only reason? Lol. I do think our schedule was beneficial but Purdue absolutely overachieved this year. As others on here have said, Purdue was the 3rd youngest team in the tournament. Why you continue to argue against that fact is beyond me.