NCAA Tournament!

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Not even close? Not sure I’d agree with that tbh. 

Ivey is excellent but Romeo was not used well at all. Had he gone TO PU instead of IU I think boiler fans would put him the same sentence as your all time greats even with only playing 1 season.  He was the most misused player in a bad system that I recall. Just my opinion. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Ivey is excellent but Romeo was not used well at all. Had he gone TO PU instead of IU I think boiler fans would put him the same sentence as your all time greats even with only playing 1 season.  He was the most misused player in a bad system that I recall. Just my opinion. 

Makes sense. Fair point!

Just now, HoagieRoll said:

Well in that analogy, this wasn’t them ‘not getting lucky’. More like the your buddy having too much wine at the pregame and puking all over his date on the way to the dance. 

Was so much fun watching that flame out 😂😂😂

But they arrived to the dance, and next since he was a sophomore going with an older date maybe this experience gets him lucky next year. The real question is will I attend the dance or still be playing video games and eating cheesy poofs 

4 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Putting your own rules on when you can laugh at the misery of Purdue isn’t healthy my man. Every year it’s something new, don’t take that privilege away from yourself. 

I like the way you think. Let me rephrase we can always laugh because we'll let's admit it they are Purdue, just can't talk any trash!! Yet!!!

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

But they arrived to the dance, and next since he was a sophomore going with an older date maybe this experience gets him lucky next year. The real question is will I attend the dance or still be playing video games and eating cheesy poofs 

Depends what video game...

Well I have been dealing with Purdue's loss since last night and it has carried into this morning.  My Boiler family and friends are just stunned and need my shoulder to cry on.

I would think they would be used to tournament failure by now.  I guess not.  However my cousin Mike phrased it pretty good.  He calls it "The Curse of Keady."  

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not even close? Not sure I’d agree with that tbh. 

Statistically it's not...

Romeo...

RL.PNG.28fb7836f2ef66389857b86ae593f132.PNG

Ivey...

JI.PNG.d6170f66721c4f27491914858b746c7a.PNG

And that's with Romeo having a wrist injury his whole freshman year...

I don't remember Romeo ever shooting us out of a game...I've seen Ivey do it to Purdue a couple of times...Last night he went into his "I'm the man" mode and killed Purdue in OT...

I'd bet that he'll at least test the NBA waters this year...He's got talent, but he hasn't really harnessed it yet...Just the kind of kid the NBA looks for as a diamond in the rough...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Statistically it's not...

Romeo...

RL.PNG.28fb7836f2ef66389857b86ae593f132.PNG

Ivey...

JI.PNG.d6170f66721c4f27491914858b746c7a.PNG

And that's with Romeo having a wrist injury his whole freshman year...

I don't remember Romeo ever shooting us out of a game...I've seen Ivey do it to Purdue a couple of times...Last night he went into his "I'm the man" mode and killed Purdue in OT...

I'd bet that he'll at least test the NBA waters this year...He's got talent, but he hasn't really harnessed it yet...Just the kind of kid the NBA looks for as a diamond in the rough...

Hasn’t really harnessed it yet? I’d argue the back half of the season he was playing at an All-B1G level. 

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He went for 26 on 10-24 shooting. He was the only guard doing any scoring for us. 

He took 24 friggin shots! Who else could get any shots in?

And why did Porkchop keep Thompson out there in OT? North Texas kept using his man to screen for Hamlet creating a mismatch, which Hamlet took advantage of time and again...Christ, even a novice like me saw that one...

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He took 24 friggin shots! Who else could get any shots in?

And why did Porkchop keep Thompson out there in OT? North Texas kept using his man to screen for Hamlet creating a mismatch, which Hamlet took advantage of time and again...Christ, even a novice like me saw that one...

Because he was our 3rd best player and was actually making shots? Hunter was awful and Stefanovich was benched most of the second half because of how bad he played on defense. It’s not like there was an obvious answer there. 

Archived