NCAA Tournament!

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, that was a really tough call. 

Like it probably was a foul on the rebound by the book, but if there isn't a second left he is going to just bring it down and you don't make that call. 

I'm not one that says swallow the whistle at the end of a game, but I also just don't know that they make that call the rest of the game. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Like it probably was a foul on the rebound by the book, but if there isn't a second left he is going to just bring it down and you don't make that call. 

I'm not one that says swallow the whistle at the end of a game, but I also just don't know that they make that call the rest of the game. 

Completely agree. It almost seemed like the ref anticipated it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, he was trying to tip that in and got bumped a bit across the arms. I don’t think you can let that go - if he was hit like that on a jump shot, it would be a legit foul. Looked pretty clear to me that it affected the shot attempt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, that was a really tough call. 

Amazing stat not being discussed is Abilene shot 30% from field, 16% from 3.... and still beat Shaka's best Texas team. Man the tourney is a cruel beast sometimes. We love the upsets but feel so bad for some of these really good teams that chose the wrong time to have a bad night. We've been on both sides of that coin many, many times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Amazing stat not being discussed is Abilene shot 30% from field, 16% from 3.... and still beat Shaka's best Texas team. Man the tourney is a cruel beast sometimes. We love the upsets but feel so bad for some of these really good teams that chose the wrong time to have a bad night. We've been on both sides of that coin many, many times.

So does Shaka survive this? 

When we played them earlier in the year, I looked it up and they had 11 RSCI Top 100 kids on the roster (8 in the top 60).  

He's had the talent, but a .559 winning percentage, 3 trips to the dance in 6 years, and a high of 21 wins might not cut it.

Texas is the richest athletic department in college sports, so Beard, who is an alum, might be getting some attention from them as well...even with a high buyout...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So does Shaka survive this? 

When we played them earlier in the year, I looked it up and they had 11 RSCI Top 100 kids on the roster (8 in the top 60).  

He's had the talent, but a .559 winning percentage, 3 trips to the dance in 6 years, and a high of 21 wins might not cut it.

Texas is the richest athletic department in college sports, so Beard, who is an alum, might be getting some attention from them as well...even with a high buyout...

I really don't know. The being patient crowd was being rewarded all season with Shaka...but to get beat by lil ol Abilene can't be sitting well with the locals. You would know better than I but that conversation has to be happening today and all week. If they can't win with that roster....and no clue why lottery pick Greg Brown only played 8 minutes....rough few days coming in Austin. 

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Texas was getting hacked every time they drove - which I'm generally okay with, as I think they were letting it go both ways. But, to then call that foul after letting that go so many times - unreal.

• Like 1