NCAA Tournament!

This game reminds me of our game in Champaign. They were coming off some 90 point games and we ground them down into a slower game like this.  Loyola is just a better team than we are.  

We really could have swept them.  in that second game we were in OT and Ayo fouled out and we lost with Durham up top with the ball and Franklin hiding in the corner. 

I never bought into Illinois as a one seed.  It might not be popular but the B1G was very balanced and deep but not particularly elite at the top although I do like Michigan.  Iowa got a good draw so let’s see what they do but we will see how the conference does.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

Just now, Indykev said:

That ref didnt know what he wanted to call. lmao

That was pathetic. Typically I'm not a fan of absolutely cheering against other teams but couple Illini posters and several friends have chirped all year. This would be an absolute embarrassing loss....and Porter has lapped Underwood all day long. Really phenomenal preparation and gameplan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

The B10 is going to have to take a long look in the mirror at some point and decide if the style of play employed by the coaches, referees, etc is winning basketball. Another really bad outing in the tournament so far.

Fischer and IU has been saying this for 2 decades. Maybe the rest of the league will finally listen. 

6 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

The B10 is going to have to take a long look in the mirror at some point and decide if the style of play employed by the coaches, referees, etc is winning basketball. Another really bad outing in the tournament so far.

So right. But don't expect anything to change

And I'll say this to I'm blue....Underwood was on the receiving end of the luckiest break of all time in Ayo and Kofi coming back. He showed his coaching prowess today. I remember people taking shots at Crean for getting beat by a zone in 2013....what was that today Illini fans? Never see pick and roll or high ball screen before? Pathetic adjustments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Jameel Brown just decommited from Purdue 

Yeah not too surprising. He never got to visit Purdue because of the pandemic plus Shrewsberry was his lead recruiter. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Penn State. Good news is it’s early and we have time to grab someone else. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I'll say this to I'm blue....Underwood was on the receiving end of the luckiest break of all time in Ayo and Kofi coming back. He showed his coaching prowess today. I remember people taking shots at Crean for getting beat by a zone in 2013....what was that today Illini fans? Never see pick and roll or high ball screen before? Pathetic adjustments.

Money could only buy a 2nd round appearance for this Illini squad. 

• Like 1