NCAA Tournament!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

And now in the last 5 minutes of the game they are trying to hold onto the lead.  Down from 10 pts to 3 with less than 2 minutes to go.  Rutgers turns ball over...Houston basket and one with 24 sec. Rutgers down one.

And Rutgers loses by 3.  Totally let the game get away from them.

Well, I found myself rooting for ole Sampson, I’ve liked the ways his teams played since his Sooner days, never approved of the drugs or lack of actual student athletes. Just appreciate his teams hustle. 

Damn shame an IU team with both Gordon and White couldn’t win a game in postseason. 

1 minute ago, H00sier said:

Well, I found myself rooting for ole Sampson, I’ve liked the ways his teams played since his Sooner days, never approved of the drugs or lack of actual student athletes. Just appreciate his teams hustle. 

Damn shame an IU team with both Gordon and White couldn’t win a game in postseason. 

It's a damn shame he got bounced over too many phone calls. Child play compared to today. Yeah he didnt get the best kids but, he is a great coach and could have worked on getting better kids. 

4 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I’m sure Houston fans are disgusted and ashamed to see such a terrible person leading their team to another win in the tournament, lol.  

The phone call crap has always drove me bonkers, only freaking IU would implode our program over f**king phone calls. I’m aware of the other crap going on as well, but the phone calls - which wasn’t even a rule 4 months later - were the ncaa violation.

11 hours ago, H00sier said:

Same here. I can support him not being our coach because of dated rules....but I can also support him because the guy can coach. His teams love him and he loves his kids. They stole that one yesterday but as someone who had Houston hedged vs the Illinois crowd in half of my brackets I wasn't disappointed.

I'm still laughing at this. 72 hours ago Oregon St and Loyola were getting ready for 1st round games and exits. Now one of them is going to the Elite 8. So awesome and unfair. Haha.

12 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Terrible clock management by Pikiel in the last 2 minutes 

Brother and I were at the game.  We were all baffled by some of the decision making both by players and coaches.  When the dude hit the first free throw why he didn't bring his shooters back in.  

They were getting to the basket with ease.  I had just said that Baker and Young were controlling tempo but dribbling too much.  Well sure enough Baker losses the handle.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Brother and I were at the game.  We were all baffled by some of the decision making both by players and coaches.  When the dude hit the first free throw why he didn't bring his shooters back in.  

They were getting to the basket with ease.  I had just said that Baker and Young were controlling tempo but dribbling too much.  Well sure enough Baker losses the handle.  

Was the setup pretty nice at Lucas Oil or still a tad big? I've got tickets to Hinkle next Saturday. Looking forward to being at a college game again.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was the setup pretty nice at Lucas Oil or still a tad big? I've got tickets to Hinkle next Saturday. Looking forward to being at a college game again.

It was decent.  We didn't want to go to lucas but the timing of everything it worked out.  We scalped 1st row section 436 for 35 bucks a piece.  I would never recommend up level for basketball at lucas.  We ran over to bankers and was about to get in for 20, my brother said, it's already a 20 point game so we watched the Florida ORU game from the street at a bar, then took off to hinkle.  It was a ghost town.  No one scalping.  Maybe 200 cars.  I've seen more action at church.  

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't understand why late in the game  McConnell was in there after screwing up on both ends, and Mulcahy was on the bench...Was Mulcahy hurt or something?

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It was decent.  We didn't want to go to lucas but the timing of everything it worked out.  We scalped 1st row section 436 for 35 bucks a piece.  I would never recommend up level for basketball at lucas.  We ran over to bankers and was about to get in for 20, my brother said, it's already a 20 point game so we watched the Florida ORU game from the street at a bar, then took off to hinkle.  It was a ghost town.  No one scalping.  Maybe 200 cars.  I've seen more action at church.  

Wow. Didn't realize the ticket market had dropped so low. 

Archived