NCAA Tournament!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Gonzaga is just so we'll coached. They recognize so well on both ends of the floor. Once they're out on the court, Few doesn't have to say much...

All I want from Gonzaga at this point is a 1,0 or 0,9 or 5,1 in squares. After that....if they don't win it all they'll have to sit around for another year knowing they were the best team who didn't win it. 

So where is Gonzaga/Mark Few at? They are a phenomenal team no doubt. 2 Final 4's now but if they don't finish this off does he just walk back to Spokane with a 30 win schedule?

I hate the pressure a tourney puts on a team and staff....but I guess that's the deal. Right now Mark Few is somewhere between Bo Ryan.....and maybe Lou Henson to keep it in conference terms. 

And makes you question the sanity of Selection Committee putting 9 teams from BigTen into the tourney.  I guess too many of them believe the oft-repeated narrative in the sports media: “The premiere conference this year in the nation”. Blah blah blah.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

I am still scratching my head about Michigan's shot selection in crunch time.  Not only are we in a state of suckiness...it appears the entire conference is as well.

I think it just goes to show if we are willing to change and adapt to the way basketball is moving to a guard/shooter orientated game we can make huge strides in the B1G. Stop with the methodical walk it up throw it in to the big guy and pound the ball into the floor basketball. Let's bring back the Hurrying (Pace) and Hoosiers (Shooting). Tired of just trying to match up with MSU/Purdue etc etc. Bring in our own spread attack and run these bozos off the floor! B1G basketball is too much like B1G football has been for so many years. 3 yards and a cloud of Dust....OSU got with the program several years ago in football and everyone else is trying to catch up...lets do that on the basketball side!

2 hours ago, rico said:

I am still scratching my head about Michigan's shot selection in crunch time.  Not only are we in a state of suckiness...it appears the entire conference is as well.

Once Livers went down, they weren't quite the same.  I thought Franz really struggled.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Well they got this far...needed to feed the big man at the end last night.

True...and maybe all I was seeing was the BIG not actually being as good as I thought.  I thought for sure they would go inside to the big kid...or that Franz would drive the lane to draw a foul...but he settled for the hero shot.  They had the rebound and 6+ seconds, rushed a bad put back flip instead of calling TO.  Big mistake, but that's basketball.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

True...and maybe all I was seeing was the BIG not actually being as good as I thought.  I thought for sure they would go inside to the big kid...or that Franz would drive the lane to draw a foul...but he settled for the hero shot.  They had the rebound and 6+ seconds, rushed a bad put back flip instead of calling TO.  Big mistake, but that's basketball.

Think about this....Michigan St. had UCLA beat.  First Four to Final Four for the Bruins because Sparty pissed themselves.

And on another note...Houston has not played a single digit seed.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Think about this....Michigan St. had UCLA beat.  First Four to Final Four for the Bruins because Sparty pissed themselves.

And on another note...Houston has not played a single digit seed.

Gonzaga hasn't had it too bad....best team they played was a crappy 5 seed Creighton team that I think was ranked entirely too high. Baylor on the other hand had Wisconsin, Villanova, and Arkansas.....all very tough teams to play. Now they will have Houston who also is a tough out. Going to be interesting if by the time we finally get the matchup we all want Baylor vs Gonzaga if there will be anything left in the tank for the Bears.

6 hours ago, rico said:

Idk... The threes by Wagner and Smith were WIDE open, they just missed.  The put back by Brooks off the Wagner miss was a bit rushed.

52 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Idk... The threes by Wagner and Smith were WIDE open, they just missed.  The put back by Brooks off the Wagner miss was a bit rushed.

Rushed but still open. 

Dickinson also got a short look over his right shoulder and just missed it. 

I find it hard to put any of that on Howard.  

Archived