NCAA Tournament!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Well that wasn’t fun. Still was a much better year than most people thought. Excited for next year. 

Ivey is amazing but the hero ball down the stretch hurt. Williams had it going late and they had no answer. Disappointing. You had a great draw.

Wow!  First MSU blew a late lead yesterday.  Now Ohio State and Purdont!  Glad PU lost but OSU also.  Maybe Rutgers will be next.  Just goes to show how weak IU was this year.  Big Ten not looking so strong now, although Wiscy did play well.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It's not. Analytics and media hype made it appear much stronger than it actually was. I mean, the top 14 SOS rankings on Kenpom were all Big Ten teams. I mean, that's just silly. 

Computer...garbage in garbage out. Faulty because they had them all so highly ranked early on so they never lost rankings when they lost...and outside the ACC matchups didn’t play much out of conference...and ACC is awful this year. I mean wretched

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I really don’t think the B1G is as good as we made it out. 

Going into the tournament, KenPom's 14 toughest schedules were the 14 Big Ten teams.  Clean sweep.  Then to come out and suck like the is the tournament is mind-boggling.  

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Gotta love that choke job by Purdue though.  Good reminder that they’re still Purdue, even if they own us right now.

Ehh every team loses games like these. That’s one thing I was worried about in this tournament. Still a super young team. But they’ll get better and hopefully make a run next year. 

Painter and sOIL/Purdue. 16 seasons as a head coach. That now makes 11 times he's either not qualified or been bounced by Round 2 out of 16. 11 of 16.

Good guy. Nice coach at times....but something happens in March and I can't put my finger on it. The numbers say suckville. I know, I know, I know....his 4 Sweet 16's and one E8 has him elite status. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Painter and sOIL/Purdue. 16 seasons as a head coach. That now makes 11 times he's either not qualified or been bounced by Round 2 out of 16. 11 of 16.

Good guy. Nice coach at times....but something happens in March and I can't put my finger on it. The numbers say suckville. I know, I know, I know....his 4 Sweet 16's and one E8 has him elite status. 

So how many out of 16 would be acceptable?

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh every team loses games like these. That’s one thing I was worried about in this tournament. Still a super young team. But they’ll get better and hopefully make a run next year. 

Blah, blah, blah...

Purdue was one of the media darlings and most every Smellermaker fan had penned them in for a Sweet 16 appearance at the very least.

Bottom line is that your team got out toughed, outplayed, and out coached tonight.

Purdue choked. Can’t ever play the “next year “ game. Seize the day because next year there might not be the opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So how many out of 16 would be acceptable?

For what? I don't think I've ever heard your expectations. 

Regardless though....even you who  apparently has us IU fans on instant notification can't deny what I'm saying. 16 years as a head coach. 11 years doesn't make it to round 2. Shoot. I think John Groce has a better percentage. 

PS....I wasn't even counting last year when Painter/Purdue wasn't making the tourney.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Going into the tournament, KenPom's 14 toughest schedules were the 14 Big Ten teams.  Clean sweep.  Then to come out and suck like the is the tournament is mind-boggling.  

When Michigan St. went down, I raised an eyebrow.  After watching the Bucknuts get schooled I got concerned.  Now the Boilers.  Mind-boggling?  Perhaps.  But it sure as hell ain't a good look for the conference.

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Blah, blah, blah...

Purdue was one of the media darlings and most every Smellermaker fan had penned them in for a Sweet 16 appearance at the very least.

Bottom line is that your team got out toughed, outplayed, and out coached tonight.

Purdue choked. Can’t ever play the “next year “ game. Seize the day because next year there might not be the opportunity. 

Yeah they clearly exceeded expectations this year in the conference with a young team. Obviously tonight sucked but I’m excited for next year. 

I actually had them in the Sweet 16 in my bracket, thankfully no further (just like OSU). I think the committee really wanted them in the second weekend again after their games against Tennessee and Virginia 2 years ago and gave them the easiest path. Predictably, they blew it. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For what? I don't think I've ever heard your expectations. 

Regardless though....even you who  apparently has us IU fans on instant notification can't deny what I'm saying. 16 years as a head coach. 11 years doesn't make it to round 2. Shoot. I think John Groce has a better percentage. 

PS....I wasn't even counting last year when Painter/Purdue wasn't making the tourney.

In your opinion? If 5 of 16 isn’t acceptable, what is?

The fact that you think John Groce is comparable to Painter speaks volumes. Groce has a whopping one S16 appearance in his career. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I actually had them in the Sweet 16 in my bracket, thankfully no further (just like OSU). I think the committee really wanted them in the second weekend again after their games against Tennessee and Virginia 2 years ago and gave them the easiest path. Predictably, they blew it. 

I’m sure that’s what the committee was thinking. 

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Kentucky and Duke have super young teams. Purdue is not by any means a young team

Archived