Thank you HF!

Figured we should probably all give HF a big thank you for getting us back up and running.  

I am sure no one planned for the site to go down at the worst possible time, but my understanding is @HoosierFaithful did the bulk of the work to get us back together again. 

THANK YOU!

On a related note, @BGleas we know you're made that Brad is coming home but you didn't ha e to crash the site. He's still your coach. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Figured we should probably all give HF a big thank you for getting us back up and running.  

I am sure no one planned for the site to go down at the worst possible time, but my understanding is @HoosierFaithful did the bulk of the work to get us back together again. 

THANK YOU!

On a related note, @BGleas we know you're made that Brad is coming home but you didn't ha e to crash the site. He's still your coach. 

HF did all the work. I was just cheerleading. 

54 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

All in a day’s work. Come hell or high water we were getting back online by tip-off tomorrow. 

Thank you! I know everyone will make their way back over...you guys have been wonderful over the years...too good to give up on. Just want you to know...I looked but I didn’t touch while you were away!

How do I give?  I've been a smooch off of this site and others like it for 15+ years?  

I know it's not free and a few of you have kept it alive.  I was like, dang, how am I going to find so and so, and so and so, and so and so.  

Show me the donate button.  Is it too much to ask, what are the costs to run this thing?  Surely each month we can hit the target with donations.  Ad free is awesome.  Love it, not for or against.  It's the people man.  I don't know yall but it is a weird family.  

Can we pin a topic, "monthly financials to keep the board alive and well?"

It's good to be home. They treated us well at Btown Banner, but still there's nothing like home.

I had a bit of strange feelings when I saw a lot of familiar names from the old scout site and thought what made a lot of people went different way. 

One thing I realized while I was there for a few days was that it was so much better to have an ad-free site. Thank you!!

50 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How do I give?  I've been a smooch off of this site and others like it for 15+ years?  

I know it's not free and a few of you have kept it alive.  I was like, dang, how am I going to find so and so, and so and so, and so and so.  

Show me the donate button.  Is it too much to ask, what are the costs to run this thing?  Surely each month we can hit the target with donations.  Ad free is awesome.  Love it, not for or against.  It's the people man.  I don't know yall but it is a weird family.  

Can we pin a topic, "monthly financials to keep the board alive and well?"

We are debating how to go about this. This got over our head, HF paid a "professional " out of pocket to bring us home. We did increase the server size, so we should be stable moving forward.

That does increase the monthly expense. However, I think we are good there. 

What would ne nice is to allow folks to make a one time donation to build a rainy day fund. Nothing huge, just a little to have set aside to be able to respond more efficiently if this ever happens again.

We are not, and will not require money from anybody. So we will figure it out.

For now, we are up and have added to our ability to handle a larger load.

Again, 100% due to @HoosierFaithful.

He really went above and beyond. 

10 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

We are debating how to go about this. This got over our head, HF paid a "professional " out of pocket to bring us home. We did increase the server size, so we should be stable moving forward.

What would ne nice is to allow folks to make a one time donation to build a rainy day fund. Nothing huge, just a little to have set aside to be able to respond more efficiently if this ever happens again.

That is freaking awesome and goes to show you the quality of people here.  

What I'm saying is going forward.  If the cost to run the thing is $100 or $1000, I have no clue but let me chip in.  

Very happy to see HSN back.  Been following coaching news at Btown Banners and The Hoosier, but this place is better.

Thanks to HoosierFaithful for getting things running again. 

This is the best place for football discussion because of KDB and Leathernecks and Btownqb 

46 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Very happy to see HSN back.  Been following coaching news at Btown Banners and The Hoosier, but this place is better.

Thanks to HoosierFaithful for getting things running again. 

This is the best place for football discussion because of KDB and Leathernecks and Btownqb 

If I knew I'd be lumped in with those 2, I wouldn't have come back!

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I remember one of the previous versions of HSN had a donate option. It was when I was finishing college, and I was just starting my first real job. I was saving up to donate, and then we moved boards. I remember being kind of sad that I couldn't donate! Now, I'd be all for throwing in some money.

Not sure if there would be a need for it, but I think we could figure something out with the extra. Rainy day fund, HSN tailgate, trophies for bracket challenge, gifts for people in difficult times, etc. Just throwing out ideas. Having followed you guys for close to 15 years, and posting once on BTB (that got deleted), I feel like I owe you guys something. 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I remember one of the previous versions of HSN had a donate option. It was when I was finishing college, and I was just starting my first real job. I was saving up to donate, and then we moved boards. I remember being kind of sad that I couldn't donate! Now, I'd be all for throwing in some money.

Not sure if there would be a need for it, but I think we could figure something out with the extra. Rainy day fund, HSN tailgate, trophies for bracket challenge, gifts for people in difficult times, etc. Just throwing out ideas. Having followed you guys for close to 15 years, and posting once on BTB (that got deleted), I feel like I owe you guys something. 

First, you or any member, owe us nothing. Being loyal contributors means everything.

We are seriously in good shape, I am not just trying to put lipstick on a pig here. 

Anything we go with would simply be a rainy day fund.

We are hashing out ideas,, and I imagine anybody that wants to contribute will easily be able to do so.

Thanks for your post. Knowing how much this place means to you and others makes putting in the work (or watching HF work, lol) more than worth it.

Archived