2022 WR Omar Cooper Commits to Indiana

KDB

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Natural rapport with our incoming highly regarded QB has to help.  Plus, let’s be honest, if I’m a kid, Tom Allen is a dream of a coach and a man to play for.   

If you’re the parent of a kid he has to be pretty great, too. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Natural rapport with our incoming highly regarded QB has to help.  Plus, let’s be honest, if I’m a kid, Tom Allen is a dream of a coach and a man to play for.   

The rapport with McCulley makes this a no brainer. 70% of being a great receiver is having a good QB who trusts you and knows where you’re gonna be on the field. He’d be making a huge mistake not teaming up at IU. When QB1 is your boy, he’s gonna get you the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2022 WR Omar Cooper
2 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Thanks for sharing.   The writer did a ton of work on that one.  I didn't realize Indianapolis, IN was in the talent rich state of Florida. 

Clearly I need to work on my geography. 

LOL...clearly the author of that piece needs a proofreader.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would hate to lose an in state player to WVU.  I wish think we would lead in this recruitment with his HS QB on our roster

He also just saw us haul in our best ever WR recuiting class... plus, Miles Marshall and Jacolby Hewitt will still be on campus way more to it than just his HS QB going there, but yeah we do lead. 

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would hate to lose an in state player to WVU.  I wish think we would lead in this recruitment with his HS QB on our roster

These instate recruits weren’t likely to grow up die hard Hoosier fans. It takes years of sustained success to achieve that status with in state kids. Sometimes kids just want to go somewhere new and have an experience. We have a ways to go as a program before IU is too big a deal to turn down to have that experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

These instate recruits weren’t likely to grow up die hard Hoosier fans. It takes years of sustained success to achieve that status with in state kids. Sometimes kids just want to go somewhere new and have an experience. We have a ways to go as a program before IU is too big a deal to turn down to have that experience. 

I understand that but saying a team like WVU should not get an in state kid over IU.  I understand if they pick up football programs but WVU isn't a top program