2022 WR Omar Cooper Commits to Indiana

KDB

Hopefully we get the committment, but if not, there's probably a much lower ranked WR with a higher upside (sarcasm.)

The paragraph below is from Hammer and Rails after getting a WR commitment. 

"One thing this commitment reinforces is that Purdue is out of the Omar Cooper competition. Cooper is a 4* wide receiver out of Lawrence North, and has a similar game to Deville. For me, Cooper is the more polished receiver, and will find his way onto the field before Deville, but I’ll give the nod to Deville, in terms of athleticism and long term upside."

This guy might be right, but it's the PU mentality on recruiting under Brohm.  They either "backed off" on a guy they didn't have a chance with, and/or this lower ranked guy with way fewer P5 offers is a better prospect anyway.

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Hopefully we get the committment, but if not, there's probably a much lower ranked WR with a higher upside (sarcasm.)

The paragraph below is from Hammer and Rails after getting a WR commitment. 

"One thing this commitment reinforces is that Purdue is out of the Omar Cooper competition. Cooper is a 4* wide receiver out of Lawrence North, and has a similar game to Deville. For me, Cooper is the more polished receiver, and will find his way onto the field before Deville, but I’ll give the nod to Deville, in terms of athleticism and long term upside."

This guy might be right, but it's the PU mentality on recruiting under Brohm.  They either "backed off" on a guy they didn't have a chance with, and/or this lower ranked guy with way fewer P5 offers is a better prospect anyway.

I mean this in the nicest way but referencing Hammer & Rails is a waste of time as they are way too much fanboy lol. I honestly don’t know what happened with Cooper but I do know that we had a decent “in” with him in that his sister played basketball at Purdue. I do wonder if either we backed off or he did but we haven’t been seriously recruiting him for a few months now IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean this in the nicest way but referencing Hammer & Rails is a waste of time as they are way too much fanboy lol. I honestly don’t know what happened with Cooper but I do know that we had a decent “in” with him in that his sister played basketball at Purdue. I do wonder if either we backed off or he did but we haven’t been seriously recruiting him for a few months now IMO. 

I don't read their stuff often.  That article popped up on my news feed and that paragraph really stood out to me as bizarre. 

Every fanbase has their share of fans that aren't able to look realisticly at their team.  Some just have a more visible medium to share their views.

Thanks for your imput H&R I appreciate it. Gives me a better perspective on their articles. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The bolded part is why people give Purdue fans crap. Cooper would be your highest rated recruit this year, higer than anybody last year, and the 2nd highest in the previous class. He would have been the 11th highest rated recruit ever for PU on 247. He's also from Indiana, and has family ties to PU. Purdue didn't back off of him.

He lost interest in PU. It happens to every school every year. Let's just call a spade a spade and not pull the PU backed off card.

More than fair 

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

The bolded part is why people give Purdue fans crap. Cooper would be your highest rated recruit this year, higer than anybody last year, and the 2nd highest in the previous class. He would have been the 11th highest rated recruit ever for PU on 247. He's also from Indiana, and has family ties to PU. Purdue didn't back off of him.

He lost interest in PU. It happens to every school every year. Let's just call a spade a spade and not pull the PU backed off card.

Fair enough!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the signals say us right? Going to have to get used to this idea of consistently getting 4 star recruits....as well as flipping Ohio St commits....and getting transfers from Florida St, Texas A&M, Auburn, Michigan....haha. Whole new world. Thank you Tom Allen and Staff!

Now it's our turn as fans. That stadium better be sold out this fall. Tell your friends and neighbors. Just go buy tickets. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So the signals say us right? Going to have to get used to this idea of consistently getting 4 star recruits....as well as flipping Ohio St commits....and getting transfers from Florida St, Texas A&M, Auburn, Michigan....haha. Whole new world. Thank you Tom Allen and Staff!

Now it's our turn as fans. That stadium better be sold out this fall. Tell your friends and neighbors. Just go buy tickets. 

I'm reading the smoke signals, but I'm a little rusty.  Either our chances are good, or I'm supposed to batter and deep fry the TV remote. 

• Like 1