2022 WR Omar Cooper Commits to Indiana

KDB

34 minutes ago, IUFB Scoop said:

Hey guys long time lurker here and decided to finally make an account after seeing some of my tweets shared. Glad you all have enjoyed the nuggets I am able to share from time to time. I'm not always going to be the first to report something, I normally try to wait until I hear the same thing from 2 sources. I have a lot of trust in my sources, and for anyone with doubts I would like to point out that we had the scoop on Charlton Warren and the DC interviews way before anyone else. 

I have been one who has shared doubts, so I appreciate you posting to clear things up. Glad to have you here, and hope you post more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFB Scoop said:

Hey guys long time lurker here and decided to finally make an account after seeing some of my tweets shared. Glad you all have enjoyed the nuggets I am able to share from time to time. I'm not always going to be the first to report something, I normally try to wait until I hear the same thing from 2 sources. I have a lot of trust in my sources, and for anyone with doubts I would like to point out that we had the scoop on Charlton Warren and the DC interviews way before anyone else. 

Who's next!? :) 

3 hours ago, IUFB Scoop said:

Just ignore anyone who has doubts. The vast majority here appreciate these nuggets and understand that some times things change in the mind of a teenager. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IUFB Scoop said:

Thanks.  I hope you post more!

• 4 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/player/omar-cooper-46094190/#timeline

To be clear... 

If healthy.. there is zero chance there are 62 WRs in the country better than Omar Cooper. Back to back 1K yard seasons in the MIC. 

vs Carmel- 8 catches 190 yards 2TDs

vs Ben Davis- 5 catches 75 yards

vs Warren Central- 8 catches 208 3TDs 

vs Center Grove- 4 catches 143 yards 

BD and WC are a little down right now, but still. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

https://247sports.com/player/omar-cooper-46094190/#timeline

To be clear... 

If healthy.. there is zero chance there are 62 WRs in the county better than Omar Cooper. Back to back 1K yard seasons in the MIC. 

vs Carmel- 8 catches 190 yards 2TDs

vs Ben Davis- 5 catches 75 yards

vs Warren Central- 8 catches 208 3TDs 

vs Center Grove- 4 catches 143 yards 

BD and WC are a little down right now, but still. 

I certainly hope we didn’t sign him if there are 62 better WRs in the “county” lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those living in Indiana who have connections with coaches/scouts/etc., is there a perception one way or the other on potential bias in recruit ratings/rankings, PRIOR to commitment to a school (we already know bias exists AFTER but for different and intentional motivations)?  I would be a bit surprised if there was any intentional bias prior to commitment.  However, I can see potential for kids from Indiana to be ranked slightly lower than their peers in football hotbeds. 

The most obvious reasons being lack of exposure and in-person scouting.  Another potential reason might be perceptions on the relative level of competition (compared to a state like Florida), which would also encompass "State X" doesn't have a very good track record of developing high level players at a specific position.  If any of these thoughts have validity, I'd think it's the skill position recruits most likely to be underestimated.

I had a somewhat related thought on recruits in states known for producing linemen.  When skilled 6'5 285 linemen aren't out of the ordinary within a particular region, it would be easy to lose sight that they would be out of the ordinary and "special" in many other parts of country.

To make this a little less abstract,

What's the likelihood that #63WR Omar Cooper would be the #38 ranked WR in the class if he played in Georgia or Florida?

What's the likelihood that #889 Bray Lynch would be the #603 overall recruit in the class if he played in Indiana?

1 hour ago, olsontex said:

For those living in Indiana who have connections with coaches/scouts/etc., is there a perception one way or the other on potential bias in recruit ratings/rankings, PRIOR to commitment to a school (we already know bias exists AFTER but for different and intentional motivations)?  I would be a bit surprised if there was any intentional bias prior to commitment.  However, I can see potential for kids from Indiana to be ranked slightly lower than their peers in football hotbeds. 

The most obvious reasons being lack of exposure and in-person scouting.  Another potential reason might be perceptions on the relative level of competition (compared to a state like Florida), which would also encompass "State X" doesn't have a very good track record of developing high level players at a specific position.  If any of these thoughts have validity, I'd think it's the skill position recruits most likely to be underestimated.

I had a somewhat related thought on recruits in states known for producing linemen.  When skilled 6'5 285 linemen aren't out of the ordinary within a particular region, it would be easy to lose sight that they would be out of the ordinary and "special" in many other parts of country.

To make this a little less abstract,

What's the likelihood that #63WR Omar Cooper would be the #38 ranked WR in the class if he played in Georgia or Florida?

What's the likelihood that #889 Bray Lynch would be the #603 overall recruit in the class if he played in Indiana?

It's all because of his injury.  

• Like 1