It's time...HIRE CHRIS BEARD

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Well, if Stevens is out, I know we're all crushed.  That said, I can get behind Beard.  I don't think Drew is an option.  Musselman and Smart combo would be nice.  I'm even okay with Beilein.  Please don't give us an "IU guy" that can't coach just because he is an IU guy.  

Those are my four too. Honestly I’d be really happy with anyone on that list. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Well, if Stevens is out, I know we're all crushed.  That said, I can get behind Beard.  I don't think Drew is an option.  Musselman and Smart combo would be nice.  I'm even okay with Beilein.  Please don't give us an "IU guy" that can't coach just because he is an IU guy.  

Thank you for not letting me down. I clicked out of the HIRE STEVENS thread hoping someone had done this. 

And yes, I would be fine with Beard. I liked Stevens, but have never been in the OMFG! PLEASE! camp. However, this time as it seemed like it was getting close, I saw how much everyone wanted it and thought, yeah this would bring lots of good to IU basketball. 

But on to the next one. 

• Like 3

I think if TJD comes back, Stewart sticks with us and is solid, Lander makes a lot of progress, and we hire one of those guys we can be on the road in the right direction.  Thompson and Franklin are solid.  Hopefully Brunk comes back and gives us inside depth.  Look at me!  I'm being all optimistic!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think I prefer Musselman but yeah, Beard is great too. Just don't hire an IU guy, there's still a handful of really good options, get one of them. 

KoB!  Mark it down!  We 100% agree.  I'm very good with Musselman as well.  Would be a bonus if he brought Smart, but whatever.  The "IU guy" thing makes no sense to me.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

KoB!  Mark it down!  We 100% agree.  I'm very good with Musselman as well.  Would be a bonus if he brought Smart, but whatever.  The "IU guy" thing makes no sense to me.  

Yeah I would love Smart as an assistant if he wants him!

Mussleman and Beard are probably my top two, sounds like they're yours too, just we have reverse order. Either way, both those guys can win quick and have proven they aren't afraid to get transfers to make it happen. 

• Like 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I would love Smart as an assistant if he wants him!

Mussleman and Beard are probably my top two, sounds like they're yours too, just we have reverse order. Either way, both those guys can win quick and have proven they aren't afraid to get transfers to make it happen. 

I’m with you guys too. I’d probably throw Drew in the mix also. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Why is Drew not an option?  I feel like he’s much more likely than Beard (although I’d prefer Beard).