It's time...HIRE CHRIS BEARD

12 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Let’s also acknowledge the defensive play Justin Smith made on that last play. I’m happy for him. I was in the minority who liked him and was disappointed when he left. 

If Justin had played at IU like he did last night, no one would have wanted him to go.  He was engaged, ran the court, played within his game, base line cuts and going to the rim.  He always played good defense and it continued this year.  

People want to say we would have won x number of games had we had brunk, but how many games would we have won with this version of Smith this year with TJD and Race coming off the bench?  Still happy he moved on and is doing well somewhere else.  He wasn't happy or as engaged at IU

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Because the school has let the program go more than Kelly Labrock has. I just read that Arkansas, a second rate football school in the SEC, has better basketball facilities than we do. Ridiculous. 

Bad hires

Poor facilities

Pious mentality

Who wants to date that? Ed Asner?

Yeah our basketball facilities are decidedly "okay". That's part of what we are talking about when we say the administration doesn't help us. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Because the school has let the program go more than Kelly Labrock has. I just read that Arkansas, a second rate football school in the SEC, has better basketball facilities than we do. Ridiculous. 

Bad hires

Poor facilities

Pious mentality

Who wants to date that? Ed Asner?

Arkansas is definitely a football-first school but they're closer to a basketball school than anyone in the SEC outside of Kentucky. Probably would have had 20,000 in attendance several times this year under a normal year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

in all honesty, i would assume Dolson has talked with Woodson, Matta, and Beilein.  i would hope he is going all in on Bennett or Beard right now.  if they don't work out, wait and see if Musselman does.  if not, Beilein or Matta.  that's just what i am hoping the process is!

I would make Bennett turn me down. I would offer him what they were going to offer Stevens. I think his resume is the best anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hogfan14 said:

Arkansas is definitely a football-first school but they're closer to a basketball school than anyone in the SEC outside of Kentucky. Probably would have had 20,000 in attendance several times this year under a normal year.

Mizzou and Vandy would be in that discussion too, but yeah, they're definitely closer to a basketball school than most of the SEC 

Need to bump this one up ahead of the Woodson thread.  I'm getting frustrated seeing the Woodson one marked as Hot and getting any more pages.  If I were another fan I would feel bad for us that we have a Hot thread for Woodson as our coach. Let's hope Dolson is throwing everything at Beard and Bennett right now.  

i am actually waivering on what i'm even hoping for with the announcement now.  the longer it takes, it's either guys turning us down or us waiting on someone in the tourney.  i still have to feel like the longer the better i guess.  of course i don't know how this works at all, but assuming Dolson has a new #1 and if it is Beard or Bennett, he's going hard after them currently.  if he doesn't get them and for example, #2 is still coaching, he waits to talk with them, etc., etc.  i hope/assume if his #1 guy is say, Musselman, he's talking with Beard, Bennett, whoever, but won't make a decision until he can talk with Muss first?

• Like 1

i guess the immediate question with the new hire is how would our returning personnel do with them?  i agree with whoever said Jesus couldn't lead this roster to a B1G championship.  i get that what matters is the product in 4-5 more years, but would Beard or Bennett get a lot out of this current roster with their systems?  would Musselman be better with the current guys getting Lander out there running and making plays, etc.?  biggest question for short term - will any of those guys cause Franklin and TJD to stay or leave? 

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think whoever is hired should be allowed to pick their own assistants.

Agree...especially are if you going after the big names and especially Beard. Dictating coaching decisions to a coach is a huge no no. 

That said, was Beard at TT the same time as Lewis? That scenario might happen organically. 

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Agree...especially are if you going after the big names and especially Beard. Dictating coaching decisions to a coach is a huge no no. 

That said, was Beard at TT the same time as Lewis? That scenario might happen organically. 

Looks like Beard was at Texas Tech from 2001 to 2011 (according to Wikipedia).  They said Lewis was at Texas Tech for 2 years and then went to Stephen F Austin in 2004-05.

So they should have been there at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Hire Chris Beard.. sway Mike Lewis to leave the UCLA job and come be the main assistant.. along with Cheaney! 

i like this, but don't see it happening without a relationship.  as someone points out later in this thread... Lewis may have a relationship.  i'd love that!