It's time...HIRE CHRIS BEARD

8 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I honestly think we dodged a bullet...we could be where TT is in a few yrs if we took and UT opened up in a few yrs... 

As much as I would have liked to have him as a coach I think you might be right. UT might have come calling and that just seems like his destination job.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Texas Tech AD's response to Beard leaving for Texas. Not a happy guy:

"Talked to him about 10:30 last night, made a final decision today. Something I could tell had been weighing on him [Wednesday night] and settled this morning," Hocutt said. "Frustrating? Absolutely. Disappointing? Absolutely.

"You know, you work along[side] somebody for five years and you invest into this program and you grow this program. And of course his leadership had a great deal to do with that. But you know, at the same time, there are other components that have led to the success of Texas Tech basketball."

Hocutt said Beard told him "he was ready for another challenge. I don't fully understand it. It obviously wasn't for better fan support or better facilities. He told me it was not for financial reasons." He added that Texas Tech was prepared to give Beard a "lifetime rolling contract."

"And you have somebody that then walks away to go to an in-conference school, an in-state school," he said. "Absolutely, that frustrates you. Heck yeah it does."

48 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Oh, no doubt. He accepted the UNLV job and was there for 19 days before leaving for TT.

I don't know if this is the same AD who got him to leave the UNLV job for TT, but if it is he's frustrated about a guy leaving that he "stole" away from UNLV so...

Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC - Find & Share on GIPHY

54 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

As much as I would have liked to have him as a coach I think you might be right. UT might have come calling and that just seems like his destination job.

Well you would obviously put a massive buyout in his contract were he to ever leave for UT.  Much like Moren has if she leaves for PU.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well you would obviously put a massive buyout in his contract were he to ever leave for UT.  Much like Moren has if she leaves for PU.

The money Texas has to give I doubt a buyout would be to big of a problem for them if it is someone they really wanted bad. I think most buyouts go down in value after a certain amount of years, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I guess none of it matters though since he is already at Texas now lol.

IMO, Tech had to know he would eventually leave for UT otherwise they would not have put that crazy up front buyout into his contract.  Once the buyout got somewhat reasonable and the timing was with the UT meltdown,  BOOM, he gone home.

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I don't know if this is the same AD who got him to leave the UNLV job for TT, but if it is he's frustrated about a guy leaving that he "stole" away from UNLV so...

Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yes, and it was the same AD. I recall Colin Cowherd saying one time, "if you marry a stripper, don't be disappointed if you come home from work and dinner isn't on the table"

Archived