Jump to content

It's time...HIRE CHRIS BEARD


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If TTU wins on Sunday, Chris Beard will have E8, Runner up, and S16 in 5 season's.

Hire Chris Beard.  

Or Musselman if he wins. Flip a coin. 

Worth noting that there wasn't a tournament in one of those seasons for Beard, so he would really be second weekend at a minimum 75% of the time. That's outstanding. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Worth noting that there wasn't a tournament in one of those seasons for Beard, so he would really be second weekend at a minimum 75% of the time. That's outstanding. 

Beard just coached a team in to the round of 32 in SSAH.  An article quoted him teaching his team the history of IU.

For me Beard #1, Musselman #2 or 50/50.

We are alot better off than last time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Beard just coached a team in to the round of 32 in SSAH.  An article quoted him teaching his team the history of IU.

For me Beard #1, Musselman #2 or 50/50.

We are alot better off than last time. 

Either one is a great choice. 

And whoever wins tomorrow is very likely going to be in at least the E8, as they get the winner of Florida and Oral Roberts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I'm worried if Texas loses they could move on from Shaka and steal Beard. 

I just had that same thought watching the game.

If IU was to get Beard, I wonder how he would be received by the "has to be an IU guy"/Alford crowd? Not as much the fans, but more guys like Dakich and the old players crowd. Obviously Archie didn't work out, but Dakich basically trashed him from the moment he arrived. 

Would the Bob/Pat Knight connection gain Beard cover from that crowd?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I just had that same thought watching the game.

If IU was to get Beard, I wonder how he would be received by the "has to be an IU guy"/Alford crowd? Not as much the fans, but more guys like Dakich and the old players crowd. Obviously Archie didn't work out, but Dakich basically trashed him from the moment he arrived. 

Would the Bob/Pat Knight connection gain Beard cover from that crowd?

You would like to think that means something. Also, if be is looking at a three tournament run of E8, Runner Up, E8 that is a lot harder to trash, right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You would like to think that means something. Also, if be is looking at a three tournament run of E8, Runner Up, E8 that is a lot harder to trash, right?

You would think, but I could hear Dakich already saying, "this is Indiana, we don't need some Texan coming up here that doesn't 'get Indiana'. We need an IU guy."

But, the Knight connection you'd think would maybe cover it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Is what you're hearing a name that has been mentioned or discussed on the board?

I think so but can’t remember.  If I was that booster I’d ask for a refund.  Archie sucked and wasn’t getting it done but if this rumor comes true it’s a lateral move at best. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think so but can’t remember.  If I was that booster I’d ask for a refund.  Archie sucked and wasn’t getting it done but if this rumor comes true it’s a lateral move at best. 

I completely understand if you don't want to say much. But the only name I can think of that has been mentioned is Chris Mack. Not sure that's lateral, but there was that rumor he'd be interested. 

So help me if it's Alford...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is any of the IU guys I will back him and hope they bring back that IU culture.  I will know that if it is the case and this is who we hire I will stop coming to these boards.  I know how this fan base will react and it will not be pretty on how they will rip it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IU Scott said:

If it is any of the IU guys I will back him and hope they bring back that IU culture.  I will know that if it is the case and this is who we hire I will stop coming to these boards.  I know how this fan base will react and it will not be pretty on how they will rip it.

It should be ripped.  It is a very crappy hire.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If it is any of the IU guys I will back him and hope they bring back that IU culture.  I will know that if it is the case and this is who we hire I will stop coming to these boards.  I know how this fan base will react and it will not be pretty on how they will rip it.

Says the man with 20000 posts who spent the past season ripping a coach. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...