It's time...HIRE ERIC MUSSELMAN

36 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Check out at 2:40. I think he has a lot of respect for the program and tradition. Specially brought the family just so they could experience Assembly Hall.

Eric Musselman reacts to win at Indiana - YouTube

I think he does.  I’m holding my breath. If not him, sign me up for Beilein to bridge the gap and we’ll do this again in 5-7 years. 

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You mean because we haven’t heard anything linking us to Musselman?  I’m hoping it’s simply because they are still playing.  

No. Sorry. I mean no skeletons.  

I really hope it’s who Dolson is targeting 

13 minutes ago, cybergates said:

If I can't have Assembly Hall and Oats, then give me a Musselman!

Best Hulks | Page 2 | RTG Sunderland Message Boards

I haven’t watched Oats enough ... but 40 threes per game makes me nervous.    Is he pretty solid X and O?   His results have been there at Buff and Bama thus far ... but is at all 3 bombs?

2 hours ago, Bustout said:

I haven’t watched Oats enough ... but 40 threes per game makes me nervous.    Is he pretty solid X and O?   His results have been there at Buff and Bama thus far ... but is at all 3 bombs?

He's a former HS math teacher, so he's progressive in his utilization of analytics (waiting for IU Scott's wrath in 3, 2, 1...). That leads to a lot of 3's, but he's focused on defense and tempo as well. He even marked up the court to discourage bad analytical shots (mid-range to long 2s) that you'll see if you read the article linked below. Also in the article below in the games with the marked up court, you lose if you give up an uncontested layup regardless of what the score was previously.

I like him because he's young, successful, progressive, has an appealing style to recruits, and a charisma about him (heard a couple of interviews with him and came away impressed). I ultimately don't think we'll get him, but would be ecstatic if we did. 

Here's what I consider a good read on him: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ball-oats-how-alabama-became-an-sec-powerhouse-overnight-on-its-way-to-possibly-changing-college-basketball/

3 hours ago, Bustout said:

"Playing data driven basketball makes me nervous." 

10 hours ago, Bustout said:

Could you imagine IUs current roster chucking 40 3s? Guarantee between Galloway and Lander a couple backboards will be broken.

10 hours ago, cybergates said:

He's a former HS math teacher, so he's progressive in his utilization of analytics (waiting for IU Scott's wrath in 3, 2, 1...). That leads to a lot of 3's, but he's focused on defense and tempo as well. He even marked up the court to discourage bad analytical shots (mid-range to long 2s) that you'll see if you read the article linked below. Also in the article below in the games with the marked up court, you lose if you give up an uncontested layup regardless of what the score was previously.

I like him because he's young, successful, progressive, has an appealing style to recruits, and a charisma about him (heard a couple of interviews with him and came away impressed). I ultimately don't think we'll get him, but would be ecstatic if we did. 

Here's what I consider a good read on him: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ball-oats-how-alabama-became-an-sec-powerhouse-overnight-on-its-way-to-possibly-changing-college-basketball/

Trendon Watford's former high school coach used similar analytics to employ similar offensive principals. Our school never sniffed the state finals, then won 5 in a 7 year span. The coaches enforced strict adherence to their philosophy.  The bottom line is we won; a lot.

Archived