Candidate Thread: Mike Woodson

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Maybe names like Woodson are being floated so people will be happier when they hire Alford...

At this point, some part of the fanbase is going to be disappointed no matter who is hired.  I have people that are going to be hires that I would consider to be "meh".  Dolson needs to do his homework and make sure that whomever he gets, that person is going to win ball games.  All of the other stuff we are complaining about tends to go away when the team is winning.

So if he picks one of these guys who we are all kind of luke warm (at best) about, hopefully there was something in the interview that lead Dolson to believe he had a winner and hopefully his instincts are correct.

I am dead tired of the crappy basketball, the negativity, getting trolled by National media, the constant let downs...not that anyone cares if I walk away in the micro, but I think there are a whole bunch of people like me right now and that is where I am at if this next guy does not work out.  This hire has to show that this program still has a pulse.  And that doesn't mean a roller coaster like Crean.  We need to be in the tournament yearly.  We need to regularly make it past the first weekend.  The payoff of this program is not good.  It has not been good for awhile.

41 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Just a reminder that Woodson made a push for the job 4 years ago. IU wasn’t interested.

4CC8C91E-F2E4-4387-92DF-3FDF6B680561.jpeg

Like others have mentioned...if Dolson wants to talk to Beard/Musselman/Drew he can only put out feelers and back channel some...he will need to wait until their season is to strike a deal. In the meantime he can appease the percentage of IU fanbase that wants an "IU guy" by talking to Woodson or whoever since he has some time. It also serves as a possible smokescreen and lowering expectations some of IU nation after last week and the Brad Stevens drama.

If it is an "IU guy" I'm sure we will know this week since there is really no reason to wait if that is who his target is. I will continue to trust Dolson to do what is best for IU until he proves otherwise.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

So everyone can relax. Woj just shot that rumor down. Like others have mentioned...if Dolson wants to talk to Beard/Musselman/Drew he can only put out feelers and back channel some...he will need to wait until their season is to strike a deal. In the meantime he can appease the percentage of IU fanbase that wants an "IU guy" by talking to Woodson or whoever since he has some time. It also serves as a possible smokescreen and lowering expectations some of IU nation after last week and the Brad Stevens drama.

If it is an "IU guy" I'm sure we will know this week since there is really no reason to wait if that is who his target is. I will continue to trust Dolson to do what is best for IU until he proves otherwise.

Yeah, right now is the perfect time to entertain the "IU guy" angle to placate the alumni and that portion of the fanbase, since you can't actually interview the real candidates right now. 

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

So everyone can relax. Woj just shot that rumor down. Like others have mentioned...if Dolson wants to talk to Beard/Musselman/Drew he can only put out feelers and back channel some...he will need to wait until their season is to strike a deal. In the meantime he can appease the percentage of IU fanbase that wants an "IU guy" by talking to Woodson or whoever since he has some time. It also serves as a possible smokescreen and lowering expectations some of IU nation after last week and the Brad Stevens drama.

Where did he shoot it down?That tweet is 4 year old. 

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Woj hasn’t shot that down this time. That tweet was from 4 years ago when Archie was hired. That’s why I put it on here to remind people that Woodson got his name floating around then too.

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, right now is the perfect time to entertain the "IU guy" angle to placate the alumni and that portion of the fanbase, since you can't actually interview the real candidates right now. 

Better get those Randy Wittman, Butch Carter, and Lawerence Franks threads fired up.

Apparently this guy is an IU grad and works in the sports media world, journalists like Rabjohns and Nick Baumgart follow him too.

Sounds like what others are saying, Woodson is being considered as that dark horse since he clearly is the “IU guy” in that grouping. Wonder if they asked Fife but he said he’s staying at Mich St to inherit the HC position once Izzo dips. 

2F1CBE58-1510-4A4A-8C69-FB77BDE02B4B.png

17 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Apparently this guy is an IU grad and works in the sports media world, journalists like Rabjohns and Nick Baumgart follow him too.

Sounds like what others are saying, Woodson is being considered as that dark horse since he clearly is the “IU guy” in that grouping. Wonder if they asked Fife but he said he’s staying at Mich St to inherit the HC position once Izzo dips. 

2F1CBE58-1510-4A4A-8C69-FB77BDE02B4B.png

I could see him being a candidate but I don’t get why everyone just started jumping on the he’s getting the job bandwagon. I think more names will surface here soon.

Archived