Wisconsin Post Game Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Winless on the road and I am not so sure we can win one at home. We look like a junior varsity or freshman team. 

I apologize if you're just being hyperbolic, but really? As I offered in the game thread, I am willing to bet you every dollar I have to my name that we will win a game.. probably a whole bunch of them. Just relax. The sun will come up tomorrow, and things will be just fine. Step away from the ledge.

1 minute ago, GRMIHoosier said:

Really frustrating but I see a better brand of basketball being taught. I wish he would start getting the young guys more experience. This year is not going to go well so build for the future. 

I just don't see what your see.  I understand what he wants to do but I don't see it being played.  We are not getting better

Difference in the game, in a nutshell:

Wisconsin gets the ball to Happ on the block almost every possession. The offense goes from there. Their role players may not be very good, but they don't have to be. Heck, I could go out there and knock down wide open threes off of kick outs.

Meanwhile, Indiana's best player is also a talented post guy but we really struggle getting him the ball.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

I apologize if you're just being hyperbolic, but really? As I offered in the game thread, I am willing to bet you every dollar I have to my name that we will win a game.. probably a whole bunch of them. Just relax. The sun will come up tomorrow, and things will be just fine. Step away from the ledge.

Not in Michigan. It has been cloudy every day. 

While I'm generally grateful for the hard work that someone like Josh Newkirk has put into the program, and I don't at all mean this to disparage his character-I'm looking forward to fresh blood at point next year. Josh had 6 points, 2 TO, 1 assist and was -9 overall in 25 minutes tonight. Not going to win many games with a performance like that from your senior starting PG.

I've tried to be patient with this team.  Originally thought they would come around but tonight I found myself literally bored watching IU play.   I think it is now obvious that the seniors on this team are not going to change.  There is no passion, grit, determination, or competitiveness.  In many ways this loss is worse than the ISU and IPFW debacles.  They at least were playing D1 starters.  The Wiscy team that they lost to tonight probably came from the HPER building as pickups.  ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR THE LACK OF PASSION IN PLAY!  It's time to bench anyone who does not give effort and passion.  I don't care if it's five guards and we pick them from HPER pick up games.  If Archie continues to reward this type of emotionless play then its on him.  I for one just have no more interest in watching this team any longer unless he starts playing players with some passion.

Just now, madmax said:

Hartman the only player who connected from 3 tonight... Yikes.

Thanks to everyone here, for keeping it civil so far.  In terms of Collin, despite was said about him leading up to the game... he had a career high, I believe. And kept us in the game by himself, in the first half.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If it were possible, I’d be totally fine only bringing back Morgan and the current freshman next year. 

That isn't realistic, nor how it is you build a stable program. Class balance matters. Gotta remember that these players have literally been in this system for less than a year. Seems like a long time, but it isn't. The product we are seeing now is not what we will see in the future. Just got to have patience.

it is amazing how BAD our shooters are. these seniors have proven they’re not clutch players and leaders. I agree with Dakich that at some point you’ve got to play with pride. These guys prefer to complain and give up. 

this may not be popular but i’d prefer to start next year with a new center. i think DD should look for a school that doesn’t require much effort

Archie should sit them down and remind them that their scholarships are year to year. Yeah, the university can pay for their schooling, but not as basketball players.

Archived