Wisconsin Post Game Thread

Just now, madmax said:

That isn't realistic, nor how it is you build a stable program. Class balance matters. Gotta remember that these players have literally been in this system for less than a year. Seems like a long time, but it isn't. The product we are seeing now is not what we will see in the future. Just got to have patience.

Hence “if it were possible”. And the players I mentioned are the only ones worth building a program around. Not Archie’s fault. Just the cards he was dealt. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Hence “if it were possible”. And the players I mentioned are the only ones worth building a program around. Not Archie’s fault. Just the cards he was dealt. 

Sorry. In the sea of overreactions tonight, I read yours as a true desire.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

We win this game by 20 with a starting lineup of Phinisee, Langford, Morgan, Hunter and Anderson - we will get there.

So you are saying..... help is on the way ?  Trying to figure out where I have heard that before.   LOL

I only got to see the first 4 minutes or so on tv and was able to listen to most the first half on the radio.  Missed almost all the 2nd half.  Obviously, the wheels came off.

I place most of the responsibility on the players.  But, at some point Archie needs to do something that makes a difference.  He;s not the only coach in history that inherited a roster that does not fit his coaching style.  Either change your style to match the personnel or play different personnel.  At this point, can we honestly say that Clifton Moore would do a worse job out there than De'Ron Davis?  Wouldn't giving Justin Smith extended minutes in a lost season help the team in future years? 

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

max seems to be the eternal optimist here and I'd like to ask, what games do you realistically see this team winning? Road games much less home games are going to be a huge challenge for this group.

I hardly think you can really call me the eternal optimist simply for saying that we aren't going to lose EVERY SINGLE GAME for the rest of the year. I think that's actually a pretty logical and reasonable position. I don't think my head is in the clouds.

I think that we have a shot in any home game, simply because time and time again we have played well at home, even against top competition.(Don't mean just this year)

As far as road games, I think we have a shot against Illinois, Rutgers, Iowa, and Nebraska.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So you are saying..... help is on the way ?  Trying to figure out where I have heard that before.   LOL

Yes we have all heard it before. It depends on whether one feels that Archie will be the coach we want him to be, and I believe he will. During the prior 10 years I never felt we would get over the hump even if there was "help on the way."  I also believe that Archie will recruit Indiana players that will play with pride - something. We didn't see much of in the last 15 years

1 minute ago, iufaninand said:

this attitude started last year under crean. this group has no heart and the few that do must get exhausted trying to get the rest to care. 

i will not go out of my way the rest of this year to watch the games. I’m ready for next year to begin alresdy

BINGO! As I mentioned in the other forum - hardly any of Crean's teams had true leadership or intense desire 

3 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

You can kiss Romeo goodbye 

At this point, if Romeo comes to Indiana. he does so because of the opportunity to be an all-time Indiana legend.   The product on the floor this season is certainly not going to seal the deal.

21 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just don't see what your see.  I understand what he wants to do but I don't see it being played.  We are not getting better

I agree but I think that is on the players. That is why I would like to see the young guys get more time. Hopefully they will show some heart and learn for next year and be the ines to start the needed improvement. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

BINGO! has I mentioned in the other forum - hardly any of Crean's teams had true leadership or intense desire 

and it’s really unfair to archie but i expect him to end up being a better coach for having gone thru this year. i’m just thinking there might be more schollys available next year than we think

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Green and Davis will be the only remaining issues next year. Green may be redeemable. Davis is a gigantic disappointment. 

Okay, at H.H. Green was out there cutting loose and just playing. He threw up a bunch of garbage that went in and I feared it would lead to him being uber reckless during the season. Well, CAM has tightened up the reigns and I fear he is playing WAY too tight trying not to mess up. I think his upside is high, very high but it's gota suck knowing you are coming out if you mess up while Newkirk and ROJO chuck it in the cheap seats and keep playing. 

Davis......I just don't know. The more I see, I'm not sure how well his game will translate to the B1G. Not ready to give up on him yet, but he's going to have to grow up quick or some younger guys will take his pt next year and not just because he picked up 2 fouls in the 1st 2 plays. 

3 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

and it’s really unfair to archie but i expect him to end up being a better coach for having gone thru this year. i’m just thinking there might be more schollys available next year than we think

Chris Holtman quite possibly inherited a worse roster, and certainly did so under more difficult circumstances.  But, he's done something to get his guys to overachieve at OSU.  Archie has to bear some of the responsibility here.

7 minutes ago, madmax said:

I hardly think you can really call me the eternal optimist simply for saying that we aren't going to lose EVERY SINGLE GAME for the rest of the year. I think that's actually a pretty logical and reasonable position. I don't think my head is in the clouds.

I think that we have a shot in any home game, simply because time and time again we have played well at home, even against top competition.(Don't mean just this year)

As far as road games, I think we have a shot against Illinois, Rutgers, Iowa, and Nebraska.

Even those games are "iffy" at best.

Heart, Emotion and desire. This team plays with none of these things and have never been more disappointed in a teams effort before. These kids act like they couldn't care less if they win or not and there needs to be a big roster turnover after this year. The only senior leaving that gives any effort is Hartman but besides him I won't miss any of the other seniors. Also I expected so much more from Green and Davis but they act like they could care less about being an IU basketball player.

Is Archie not giving this team enough freedom on offense to allow them to play well?  It seems like they are incredibly hesitant on the court and scared to shoot. I thought Dakich’s observation, that three different players got the ball on one possession and none of them even looked at the rim, was telling.  Is this what Archie is instilling in them?

Or look at a player like Green.  He played with some fire and swagger last year, and showed flashes of being a good shooter.  He just looks broken on the floor right now.  No confidence, no energy, his shot is busted.  I know we have a weak roster with incredibly soft upperclassmen, but this team is really underachieving, more than I thought it would.

Archived