Wisconsin Post Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Right, because no other IU coach ever in our history ever recruited a kid that stayed at the end of the bench.  And for the record, I hate when people speak this way of Priller.  What has that kid done to embarrass IU in any way?  I just don't understand why anyone would disparage this kid.  By all accounts he has handled himself well his entire career, unless you know something I don't.

You're right. They're called walk ons.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We get it, you're a Crean fan, let it go. He is gone.  Lets move on and worry about if we can beat rutgers this year :)

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We get it, you're a Crean fan, let it go. He is gone.  Lets move on and worry about if we can beat rutgers this year :)

I will support any coach who coaches at IU and doesn't cheat.  I'm not holding onto anything, I just think the revisionist history that some try to hoist on others here is amusing.  Crean wasn't all good, and he wasn't all bad.   Taking one without the other is immature.

Just now, Muddy River said:

I will support any coach who coaches at IU and doesn't cheat.  I'm not holding onto anything, I just think the revisionist history that some try to hoist on others here is amusing.  Crean wasn't all good, and he wasn't all bad.   Taking one without the other is immature.

i agree with that.  Archie is going to be compared to him until he establishes himself.  And alot of people didn't like Coach Crean's recruiting or coaching style.  But i never once saw anyone say he was a bad person.  It is perfectly legit to complain about how someone recruits, plans and coaches a game.  And then compare what they consider a poor coach with hopefully a new and better coach.  If people had more good to say than bad, Coach Crean would still be the coach at IU.  He isn't.  He was fired for not meeting the standard and expectations of the school and fan base.  But you are correct, there were good things.  He recruited some very talented players and found a couple that were diamonds in the rough.  But overall he did just an ok job recruiting Indiana.  I am sure in 3 years if we have the same results, Archies is going to be on the hot seat with the fan base also.  This fan base will love a coach to the end of the earth if he wins the right way.  Running a clean program but not producing anything will not make you loved.  It will make you respected and then gone.

12 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Right, because no other IU coach ever in our history ever recruited a kid that stayed at the end of the bench.  And for the record, I hate when people speak this way of Priller.  What has that kid done to embarrass IU in any way?  I just don't understand why anyone would disparage this kid.  By all accounts he has handled himself well his entire career, unless you know something I don't.

What about that time he was ruled academicly ineligable because even though he grades were great, he wasn't taking enough classes to keep up with his double major?!?!  UNC and UK never have those kind of problems from their kids......:coffee:

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How about players like Magnus Palowkowski, Jeff Oiphant, Chuck Franz and many more players RMK recruited who never really saw significant playing time.

Didn't Oliphant's knees give out on him? Just the other day I watched a replay of a game where Pelkowski started. For the life of me I can't remember who the opponent was.

2nd half of the Wisky game was disgusting.  No other way to paint that.  You can count me in the group that is glad Archie isn't changing up his gameplay/style.  The guy is trying to incorporate a complete overhaul of the culture.  Removing lazy D, careless turnovers, lackadaisical effort.  I'm fine suffering through a miserable season if it means the guys that can't handle his style leave in the off-season, the seniors grad and move on, and all that's left are those willing to adapt and play the way he expects.  

57 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Didn't Oliphant's knees give out on him? Just the other day I watched a replay of a game where Pelkowski started. For the life of me I can't remember who the opponent was.

I did watch a game from 88 against Purdue and he started and did alright but got 3 quick fouls and didn't play after that.  Another thing about that 88 game against PU was that Smart only played two minutes and Calloway did not play at all.

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I did watch a game from 88 against Purdue and he started and did alright but got 3 quick fouls and didn't play after that.  Another thing about that 88 game against PU was that Smart only played two minutes and Calloway did not play at all.

That was the game! I couldn't figure out why Smart and Calloway weren't playing in that game. I think Calloway was in Knight's doghouse most of the year and ended up transferring to Kansas at the end of the year. 

Archived