If winning is the only requirement

24 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I am getting to old to keep doing it the right way and keep having same old results. I have lost a lot of passion for college basketball because IU does it the right way. After NORTH CAROLINA and their way! I am ready to chase a championship by playing in the grey! Heck if Pitino would come here take him and win. Or we can all lose interest in IUMBB by March. Just my thoughts.

It's like we are the patsy at the poker table.

I don’t want to be UNC, Zona, or LSU,  but let’s get off our high horses, to pretend we can win in a P5 conference without playing the edges is absurd and not living in reality. The game is so much different then Knights heyday, the parity is getting closer and closer, we need to use any advantage our position allows without going to NCAA jail- if that’s even possible.

I don’t think anyone wants to sell the university’s soul, guess we all have a view about how things should operate. 

For the record I want to play within the same lines the Villanova’s and Virginia’s, in no way - shape - or form do I wanna hire ugly strippers, buy cars, offer fake classes, or give envelopes of new 100’s. 

25 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I don’t think anyone wants to sell the university’s soul, guess we all have a view about how things should operate. 

For the record I want to play within the same lines the Villanova’s and Virginia’s, in no way - shape - or form do I wanna hire ugly strippers, buy cars, offer fake classes, or give envelopes of new 100’s. 

what about hiring hot strippers?  

2 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

It wasn't a hangnail. Not only were there drugs going on, but I'm pretty sure academics took a major back seat as well. Sampson got fired for phone calls because that's what looked the best for the university. It was a lot more than that. I'm not a fan of him at all, but I give Dakich props for coming in and setting things straight immediately and booting the guys who weren't respecting their scholarships. 

Today? The pot use probably isn't as big of a deal, but where is your limit? Paying players directly under the table? Giving their family members jobs and houses? When you're talking about grey areas, that's going to be a wide range of what different people will find acceptable. For example, would you be ok winning a championship if it meant you would have to vacate it later?

Slippery slope is slippery and all that ... 

I heard it was way more than just weed and according to DD one guy was pretty much a pimp

1 hour ago, H00sier said:

I don’t want to be UNC, Zona, or LSU,  but let’s get off our high horses, to pretend we can win in a P5 conference without playing the edges is absurd and not living in reality. The game is so much different then Knights heyday, the parity is getting closer and closer, we need to use any advantage our position allows without going to NCAA jail- if that’s even possible.

UVA, Villanova and UW has won big without doing those things

why auburn self imposed

Person, a former Auburn star who joined Pearl's staff as an assistant coach in 2014, pleaded guilty to accepting bribes to steer players to a financial adviser. He was also accused of helping facilitate money to players' families. The government alleged he provided $11,000 to one player's family and $7,500 to another's.

Archived