Armaan Franklin entering transfer portal

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why would a college player not want to be trained and coached by a guy with 25 years of experience training and coaching NBA guys?  

Either convince us or stop being lazy with posts like this.  ALL OF YOU.  

Just a quick question in reverse (and I don’t care if it’s Woodson or Stevens or anyone) what players credit Woodson with improving them? Who is crediting him for furthering their career and what teams did he make better? Even if he did do those things can he communicate it and his vision effectively? Lots of questions remain. He hasn’t been a head coach since 2014...my main concern is if he is that talented why hasn’t he gotten another position or taken another job. I’m sure he would love the job and give it his all but I’m not sure any kids in Indiana much less outside it know who he is or much less know much about what his ties to the university are or why any of that is relevant in 2021. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just a quick question in reverse (and I don’t care if it’s Woodson or Stevens or anyone) what players credit Woodson with improving them? Who is crediting him for furthering their career and what teams did he make better? Even if he did do those things can he communicate it and his vision effectively? Lots of questions remain. He hasn’t been a head coach since 2014...my main concern is if he is that talented why hasn’t he gotten another position or taken another job. I’m sure he would love the job and give it his all but I’m not sure any kids in Indiana much less outside it know who he is or much less know much about what his ties to the university are or why any of that is relevant in 2021. 

I got more excited watching those NBA guys gloat over him

honestly i had no idea who Woodson was until i googled him a few minutes ago.  Looks like he is an assistant coach and didn't do great as a head coach.  I don't know if he can coach or not.  I never heard his name come up for any other top programs or even mid level programs when they were searching so i am not sure why he is coming up so much now.  Is it because he is an IU grad and has coaching experience?

I want IU to hire the absolutely best coach money can buy.  If Stevens doesn't want it, find the next best coach we can and woo them.  Keep going down the line.  Maybe you end up at Woodson, but i would hope we can pull someone who has a better coaching resume.

Again, i know absolutely nothing about him or his coaching career.  Maybe he is as good as Stevens, but i don't hear his name thrown around in the little NBA news i read.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

honestly i had no idea who Woodson was until i googled him a few minutes ago.  Looks like he is an assistant coach and didn't do great as a head coach.  I don't know if he can coach or not.  I never heard his name come up for any other top programs or even mid level programs when they were searching so i am not sure why he is coming up so much now.  Is it because he is an IU grad and has coaching experience?

I want IU to hire the absolutely best coach money can buy.  If Stevens doesn't want it, find the next best coach we can and woo them.  Keep going down the line.  Maybe you end up at Woodson, but i would hope we can pull someone who has a better coaching resume.

Again, i know absolutely nothing about him or his coaching career.  Maybe he is as good as Stevens, but i don't hear his name thrown around in the little NBA news i read.

Not calling you out but I find it sad that an IU fan doesn't know who Mike Woodson is

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not calling you out but I find it sad that an IU fan doesn't know who Mike Woodson is

sorry, i don't keep track of every single player who has ever played for IU.  I haven't lived in Indiana for almost 25 years and i have more important things in my life.  I can be a fan of IU and not know every single thing there is to know.  And yeah you were calling me out.   I get tired of your not a fan schtick @IU Scott

Archived