Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I have a bigger problem with Geronimo's mom wanting him to transfer and be closer to home.

You don't put your desires ahead of your son's.

You can't be like The Waterboy and be a mamas boy forever.

Thank you! But oh yeah we have some softy’s on here that aren’t okay with us calling out the mommies coddling their grown a** kids who are in COLLEGE!! Time to grow up and speak for yourself! 

13 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

If Coach Woodson isn't already "recruiting over" every single player we have, we picked the wrong guy.

It's his job to get the best players every year.

It's the players' jobs to outplay newcomers.

By recruiting over, I mean, "Armaan, you got a week to be in.  If you cannot make up your mind in that time, I am going to act like you are a recruit.  Which means if I only have one more space left that I want to fill with a guard and you are not ready to commit, I am taking the kid that wants to be here and I am making the decision for you."

• Like 4

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

Thank you! But oh yeah we have some softy’s on here that aren’t okay with us calling out the mommies coddling their grown a** kids who are in COLLEGE!! Time to grow up and speak for yourself! 

Wonder why IU have trouble getting coaches and players to want to come here.  It is our fans like you who want to ridicule players and their families.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder why IU have trouble getting coaches and players to want to come here.  It is our fans like you who want to ridicule players and their families.

No. Theres nothing wrong with what he said. Our kids aren't any different than the rest of the kids in college though. Just to be clear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

By recruiting over, I mean, "Armaan, you got a week to be in.  If you cannot make up your mind in that time, I am going to act like you are a recruit.  Which means if I only have one more space left that I want to fill with a guard and you are not ready to commit, I am taking the kid that wants to be here and I am making the decision for you."

Also, there are special circumstances with a new coach, that is the only reason I am entertaining this at all.  Going forward, I would let the guys know that I fully support them doing what is best for them and likewise I need to do what is best for the team.  Anybody that puts their name in the portal is not 100% on board with the team and I cannot have that.  So starting next year, you can pack your bags the day you opt into the portal because I will not take back anyone that is not 100% about what we are doing.  Do your thinking before you go in the portal, not after.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I have no problem with the portal.  

Nobody looks down on somebody who changes a job because it’s a bad fit.  Nobody looks down at a student who transfers because the program wasn’t right for them.  

I have no problem with the portal. I just think it being immediate like this year can lead to tampering and is not good for the game. I’d rather it be sit a year unless it is a special “family” issue or a coach leaves. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You can't let your mom say that publicly though. Lol 

Yep..I don’t want to get into this because I like Armaan but I personally wouldn’t want my mother/father going public with my business. We bashed Justin smiths father for speaking out....we destroyed Easterns mother at Purdue for her nonsense....hard to protect Armaans in this situation. Now if you didn’t have a problem then I can understand not now but man people are so selective with their criticism. 

Im sure Woody told everyone they have x amount of time to make their decisions and then he is moving on. Until then I want Armaan back...after whatever point that is.....my team is on the floor. 

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am hoping Woody gave them all a deadline. It's a holiday weekend with so maybe Monday? I wouldn't say it is time to panic yet for sure, but I am a little surprised that only Parker withdrew from the portal thus far.

Oh I'm not worried. Seriously... I'm content. I think we're in a good spot. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah, I'm not worried yet...I'm a little surprised that more players haven't opted out yet, but hopefully soon. It seems like a decent chance TJD comes back as well...so that's good.

Not worried either. There are a lot of better players in the portal then we would lose. A lot.

46 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Nah sorry tired of my soft ass generation! I don’t affiliate with that.. never had my parents speak for me when I played! 

Whoa 💪   lol

Now remind us....

When you "played" were you 19 years old playing elite division one  (as a top 2 orc3 player on your team) with borderline pro potential going through a coaching change after 2 years?

Please do not give us the "you played, you are tough". You never had the potential or options Armaan does.

And heaven forbid, his mom is part of that process. So soft.  🙄

• Like 1