Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's really not that big of a deal for me. I'd have them sit out though. Not overly worried about how fair it is.. and I also wouldn't pay them 🤷‍♂️.

Being an athlete is already a privilege. If it's a little more difficult on them to transfer, I really do not see the big deal, and again.. them sitting out is better than what we have now. 

It’s better for who?

• Like 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Don’t know if this has been addressed or discussed...

With all these guys entering the portal and potentially transferring... what becomes of the APR issue, and keeping the program above the magic number?

If I understand it correctly, kids that leave early count against the score.

That’s a great question. It would make sense for the NCAA to understand the free for all they have turned this off season in to and to adjust accordingly. But since that makes sense and it’s the NCAA, that probably won’t happen.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If we lose Geronimo, we're really, really going to regret that by the time he's done in college.  

I was thinking the same, though it sounds like he is set on leaving.  He would be perfect in what I understand Woodson wants to do, long rangy players, who can sink the 3 ball, guard multiple positions.  He can also defend much taller guys with his length (remember he did well against Luka).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Threedom said:

I was thinking the same, though it sounds like he is set on leaving.  He would be perfect in what I understand Woodson wants to do, long rangy players, who can sink the 3 ball, guard multiple positions.  He can also defend much taller guys with his length (remember he did well against Luka).

And hits free throws like Steve Alford?

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What’s everybody’s order of need for our remaining guys. 

Me I see it as 

1a - Lander

1b - Geronimo 

2 - Franklin

3 - Race 

That being said I want all of them back 

Considering both ends of the floor, Franklin has to be the 1st priority...40% from 3 and was turning into a lockdown defender before his ankle/foot injuries...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

Just a question but I wonder if we over value our own guys

Looking at the lists of teams interested in our guys, I don't think we are in this case.  For example, I recall seeing something about Ohio State and Virginia being interested in Geronimo.   Those teams took notice of what he was capable of even though his court time was inconsistent last season.  

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Considering both ends of the floor, Franklin has to be the 1st priority...40% from 3 and was turning into a lockdown defender before his ankle/foot injuries...

We need a PG in such a bad way though.  And Geronimo is just oozing potential. 

If we get a PG my order will shift for sure 

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Looking at the lists of teams interested in our guys, I don't think we are in this case.  For example, I recall seeing something about Ohio State and Virginia being interested in Geronimo.   Those teams took notice of what he was capable of even though his court time was inconsistent last season.  

Agreed. Our guys don’t lack ability.  These guys aren’t going down to mid majors. And they weren’t recruited to begin with by mid majors.  

They were just tragically misused  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What’s everybody’s order of need for our remaining guys. 

Me I see it as 

1a - Lander

1b - Geronimo 

2 - Franklin

3 - Race 

That being said I want all of them back 

1. Franklin

2. Lander

I think Thompson and Geronimo leave. If they do, that means that Woodson would have 4 open scholarships to work with for transfers and high school recruits. I think he'll fill all of them, mostly with transfers as it's late in the game to land high school recruits even if they get released due to coaching changes.

• Like 1