Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Wasn’t Franklin’s meeting with Illinois supposed to happen today? Maybe we’ll get more info tonight or tomorrow. 

Honestly, don’t see why two guards would leave an NBA coach to go somewhere else.. you heard Trayce say yesterday that Armaan is a big “trust” guy and isn’t the type to take a leap of faith.. he will be much more valued at IU with Woodson.. a lot of these coaches are just spitting BS to these guys to get them to come there.. I have a genuine feeling that Woodson is going to do what it takes to get these guys to the next level.. I can’t see why Armaan would leave honestly.. just wouldn’t be able to see why.. especially since Woodson was a guard himself.. he will absolutely elevate his game... 

Edited by Jackson Kellogs
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Wasn’t Franklin’s meeting with Illinois supposed to happen today? Maybe we’ll get more info tonight or tomorrow. 

Honestly, don’t see why two guards would leave an NBA coach to go somewhere else.. you heard Trayce say yesterday that Armaan is a big “trust” guy and isn’t the type to take a leap of faith.. he will be much more valued at IU with Woodson.. a lot of these coaches are just spitting BS to these guys to get them to come there.. I have a genuine feeling that Woodson is going to do what it takes to get these guys to the next level.. I can’t see why Armaan would leave honestly.. just wouldn’t be able to see why.. especially since Woodson was a guard himself.. he will absolutely elevate his game... 

Perhaps I’m in the minority but I don’t want kids on this team who are actively exploring transfering to an in conference rival (especially UofI). I don’t care what the coaching situation is, you don’t do your teammates like that. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Perhaps I’m in the minority but I don’t want kids on this team who are actively exploring transfering to an in conference rival (especially UofI). I don’t care what the coaching situation is, you don’t do your teammates like that. 

Oh trust me I completely agree and I strongly feel the same way but if they’re to come back I’ll be happy.. but I agree it’s not settling with me well at all that they’re looking elsewhere when we have a new coach with real and successful NBA experience.. don’t know how they could transfer out with a coach like that at their disposal! 

• Like 3

Lander would seem to benefit the most from Woodson running the program and a 4 out 1 in offense. For as much as he talked preseason about pick and role with TJD, it never materialized. Mostly because nobody had to guard IU outside and could jam the inside. The spacing should open things up for Lander and his quickness. That said, he still has to get stronger and improve his shot no matter what offense or defense he is in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm a little surprised people are sold on Geronimo being more valuable than Lander, Race, or Franklin.  let alone all 3!  i mean, i see potential, but what i saw had a long way to go.  certainly Lander does too, but i'll be interested to see how this turns out.   

I hear you.  I loved the raw talent.  Remember the mistakes Oladipo made in the beginning, but he improved fast.   I think Geronimo might do that.  

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Tjd cant shoot and avg only 1 less TO than him if you wanna be technical with it lol 

Talking about a big man vs a guard. And TJD is an all big 10 guy that’s already on our roster. Why bring in somebody else that isn’t a great shooter and turns it over? AD JR? 🤔

Edited by kyhoosier29

5 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

You seriously would not want him??? Have you seen him play? He would be our best guard the second he steps into Bloomington. The kid can absolutely play and is very very fast. 

Are we swapping him for somebody else or assuming everybody will be back AND adding him? If it’s a swap I agree with you, but he isn’t the lethal shooter we need. If we add him AND a lethal shooter and an athletic wing I’m in. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think there's any way we carry a 3 year starter, a 5 star recruit, and an incoming top notch point guard all on the roster...

If Johnson comes to IU, I think one of two things happens...Lander transfers or Rob enters the portal...

I don't necessarily agree. Rob could be the odd man out on playing time and still not transfer. Johnson is also big enough to play with another point guard some of the time. 

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Idk. You can't really expect too many Freshmen Bigs to contribute a whole lot in conference play. With Brunks back I would feel much better with 4 post players 

True, but it would be nice if one of them could step back and hit a J occasionally. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Oh trust me I completely agree and I strongly feel the same way but if they’re to come back I’ll be happy.. but I agree it’s not settling with me well at all that they’re looking elsewhere when we have a new coach with real and successful NBA experience.. don’t know how they could transfer out with a coach like that at their disposal! 

I don’t mind at all going into the portal and seeing what your options are in case you’re not in Woody’s plan or going to get adequate usage/playing time...but when you’re a bonefide starter and leader of a team you don’t go in conference and play against your squad. There’s plenty of options outside the conference for him to consider that would be equally as good of a fit. If being the enemy is an option to him than coming back shouldn’t be. I can’t imagine the guys returning are cool with him considering Illinois and if they are that says a lot about why our program is where it is. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Pass

Exactly...decisions have consequences. Go play for Cincinnati or Purdue or some other second tier program with no respect for itself...He’s not Eric Gordon or anything close so spurn me once,...beat it loser. I’d rather play KB’s team (whoever it is) and beat him than let him join us. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Exactly...decisions have consequences. Go play for Cincinnati or Purdue or some other second tier program with no respect for itself...He’s not Eric Gordon or anything close so spurn me once,...beat it loser. I’d rather play KB’s team (whoever it is) and beat him than let him join us. 

TJD and KB are pretty much best friends.  I can definitely see them wanting to play together at this point.  If KB wants to come, it will be to open arms from the coaching staff and players.  Franklin is also fairly close to KB. Their parents all interact often

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

TJD and KB are pretty much best friends.  I can definitely see them wanting to play together at this point.  If KB wants to come, it will be to open arms from the coaching staff and players.  Franklin is also fairly close to KB. Their parents all interact often

None of that surprises me and he’d have a clean slate with Woody. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Winning cures all but I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t come here and I’d prefer he didn’t. But no one is asking me so, what will be will be.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1