Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Lander just a guess

I think Lander stays. Aside from social media related IU support, he came to IU to play with TJD and the schools that reached out to him were extremely underwhelming IMO. 

I don’t see Brooks coming here but I’ll gladly take a talent upgrade/anyone who wants to come play for Indiana. Especially if Race and Geronimo take their talents elsewhere. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Lander just a guess

Not a great trade,  I was not that impressed with Brooks when I saw him in high school.  Also is this guy anyone who you should listen to.  If he is not in the portal IU can't talk to him but I guess TJD could.  Also some players can't play for Cal and some has flourished once they transferred like Jurang at UCLA

Edited by IU Scott

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not a great trade,  I was not that impressed with Brooks when I saw him in high school.  Also is this guy anyone who you should listen to.  If he is not in the portal IU can't talk to him but I guess TJD could.  Also some players can't play for Cal and some has flourished once they transferred like Jurang at UCLA

Brooks was UK’s leading rebounder at nearly 7/game, playing only 23 minutes. When I saw UK this year, he seemed to be the only guy giving consistent effort. Not a good perimeter shooter, though 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Keion Brooks transfer rumor right now

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Pass

Yeah...whatever.   I'll wish for the best if he comes, but after seeing very little at UK, and observing some of the stuff outside the lines, it's hard to get real excited about that possibility.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Didn't see much there except a couple of anonymous posters speculating.  I'll believe Franklin to Illinois when I see it.  Absolutely nothing about that move makes sense.

They seem dead set, however, there is no mention on Twitter he had a meeting with Illinois today. Only anonymous talks on their boards, well, that’s the only board I could find that mentioned him

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They seem dead set, however, there is no mention on Twitter he had a meeting with Illinois today. Only anonymous talks on their boards, well, that’s the only board I could find that mentioned him

I'll put it this way...If Armaan Franklin leaves IU & Mike Woodson over a Zoom meeting, I want to see the video.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Probably like our boards who said Stevens was a done deal coming here

• Like 2

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I don’t see why Franklin would go to Illinois? Doesn’t add up, maybe become the next Ayo? Possibly, but it’s UnderWood, so I don’t know

I feel like Illinois will not be a good team next year with Ayo and Kofi leaving. I feel like Underwood is extremely overrated. They will probably fire him in a couple years like we did with Crean after he lost to Syracuse when we were a 1 seed. I do not see this as a good place to transfer to. Not sure why Franklin would leave for them. 

1 minute ago, DireBump said:

I feel like Illinois will not be a good team next year with Ayo and Kofi leaving. I feel like Underwood is extremely overrated. They will probably fire him in a couple years like we did with Crean after he lost to Syracuse when we were a 1 seed. I do not see this as a good place to transfer to. Not sure why Franklin would leave for them. 

There is a rumor on their board about Kofi transferring( That’s most likely false). But their European Big, Giorgio, is headed overseas