Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

If he enters it will  be very telling and I think he ends up at IU.  Until then I think its a lot of current players 1 in particular trying to get his buddy to come to IU

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I’ll bring it up. Keion rumor to transfer portal? Maybe IU? BTB is where I saw it. 

Ducks on my way out. 

• Like 5

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Just one guy retreating a rumor started by another guy. These things have a life of their own.

We shall see, but so much information and disinformation out there, it's hard to buy any of it.

Exactly. We aren't even allowed to contact a player unless he is in the portal, so to say IU is "in contention" is a crock of crap. I highly doubt ANYONE at IU would allow for that to even get out, even if they were talking to Brooks' family, due to the violation.

So unless Coyle is getting his info from Hunter, Roberts, or Woodson, he's recycling the garbage.

20 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Just one guy retweeting a rumor started by another guy. These things have a life of their own.

We shall see, but so much information and disinformation out there, it's hard to buy any of it.

Here's the one thing I'd say here...think back to that Trayce interview with JMV. He talked openly about recruiting Xavier and Wendell Green..then he said he is under the radar recruiting people...I can pretty much guarantee that he was talking about Keion - too big of a name that he wouldn't want to put that out there, but that's who it was. Doesn't mean he is coming but I believe the smoke.

• Like 3

Just now, labeck81 said:

Here's the one thing I'd say here...think back to that Trayce interview with JMV. He talked openly about recruiting Xavier and Wendell Green..then he said he is under the radar recruiting people...I can pretty much guarantee that he was talking about Keion - too big of a name that he wouldn't want to put that out there, but that's who it was. Doesn't mean he is coming but I believe the smoke.

Exactly. Its not just TJD but he is leading the charge i would assume. Lots of guys in this program like KB. They would love to have him as a teammate

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Yes, plus TJD showing savvy in the sense that Brooks is not even in the portal.  Mentioning somebody by name who is not in the portal would be wrong at many levels.  

Honestly, I couldn’t have been more impressed by Trayce for many, many reasons in that press conference.  He’s an all timer.  Dakich needs to knock it off criticizing him for pointing to himself.  I get his point but this is a kid who is a tremendous representative for IU, stands for the right things, is leading, and is an IU guy through and through. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yes, plus TJD showing savvy in the sense that Brooks is not even in the portal.  Mentioning somebody by name who is not in the portal would be wrong at many levels.  

Honestly, I couldn’t have been more impressed by Trayce for many, many reasons in that press conference.  He’s an all timer.  Dakich needs to knock it off criticizing him for pointing to himself.  I get his point but this is a kid who is a tremendous representative for IU, stands for the right things, is leading, and is an IU guy through and through. 

Yes, good point I overlooked - not even in portal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Oh great. Here come UK fans to call us cheaters. This will get interesting. :snack:

Most of the people I know back in Kentucky would be happy to get rid of him. First what he said about their hero Rupp and then the fact he sat out about 20 games because of his calf injury after he played in the teams pro day festivities before the season.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Most of the people I know back in Kentucky would be happy to get rid of him. First what he said about their hero Rupp and then the fact he sat out about 20 games because of his calf injury after he played in the teams pro day festivities before the season.

That would be news to me.  All the diehard UK fans that I know, want him.  

Regardless, I would take him.  KBJ now has a chip on his shoulder.  The land of unicorns and the NBA lottery have evaporated in front of him just as the bluegrass did.  Being surrounded by familiar faces in his home state would do him good.  

Pass the catsup!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

That would be news to me.  All the diehard UK fans that I know, want him.  

Regardless, I would take him.  KBJ now has a chip on his shoulder.  The land of unicorns and the NBA lottery have evaporated in front of him just as the bluegrass did.  Being surrounded by familiar faces in his home state would do him good.  

Pass the catsup!

I think it is probably age difference. Most I know are younger/casual fans. Always worried about landing the next 5 star kid...and then following them into the pros. Older ones are like your fans...they want to see kids stay and develop. How can you see what a 4 year kid will do if he never makes it. So definitely a split fan base. Not many get old stay old fans over there in the younger generation. If the kid doesn't ball out from day one they are ready to move on and replace him with a new shiny toy!

22 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Oh great. Here come UK fans to call us cheaters. This will get interesting. :snack:

Honestly, I want other fanbases calling us cheaters. Not saying I want IU cheating, but if IU is doing so well that other fanbases have to resort to crying cheating, I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1