Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

7 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I saw some rumors that Geronimo might be coming back. This would be huge since I thought for sure he was gone due to him mom wanting him closer to home.

Outside opinion here, but I don't believe the pull home would have been as strong if he were wanted. I'm sure he didn't feel valued.

I think he's got great potential and I hope CMW works his magic to keep him, because he wants to utilize his skillset.

• Like 4

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

Outside opinion here, but I don't believe the pull home would have been as strong if he were wanted. I'm sure he didn't feel valued.

I think he's got great potential and I hope CMW works his magic to keep him, because he wants to utilize his skillset.

He’s ideal because he can switch on D and he has a nice shot from three that can be developed further.  Plus he is as tenacious as *&$#.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The real question is, how much improvement will there be?  I could see it quickly morphing from a rebuild to a fairly high level of success.  As you said, hard to tell until all the pieces are in place.

That is the million dollar question.  Will we go from a 12-15 to a 15-12, 17-10, etc.

Is the talent there and was a coaching issue.  Was it a talent issue alone?  Or was it a combination.

I really do hope we have the success everyone seen to want to predict already.  Allot of championship talk about there already and every recruit is a perfect fit for Coach Woodson's approach to basketball.  And we haven't yet seen a single practice let alone a game plan.  I am afraid putting this coaching staff that high up on a pedestal is going to cause allot of heartache if they can't live up to the Second Coming of Coach Knight mentality allot of people are having right now.

I do hope everyone is right.  I just can't jump on that wagon yet.  I plan to walk a little further down the path before getting excited about anything IU men's basketball.  But then again, I am a terrible fan who should go back to Peegs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

That is the million dollar question.  Will we go from a 12-15 to a 15-12, 17-10, etc.

Is the talent there and was a coaching issue.  Was it a talent issue alone?  Or was it a combination.

I really do hope we have the success everyone seen to want to predict already.  Allot of championship talk about there already and every recruit is a perfect fit for Coach Woodson's approach to basketball.  And we haven't yet seen a single practice let alone a game plan.  I am afraid putting this coaching staff that high up on a pedestal is going to cause allot of heartache if they can't live up to the Second Coming of Coach Knight mentality allot of people are having right now.

I do hope everyone is right.  I just can't jump on that wagon yet.  I plan to walk a little further down the path before getting excited about anything IU men's basketball.  But then again, I am a terrible fan who should go back to Peegs

You also have to see how teams like Iowa, UI, UM and see how many guys stay or leave the program.

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s ideal because he can switch on D and he has a nice shot from three that can be developed further.  Plus he is as tenacious as *&$#.

He does seem to be the perfect match for the way Coach Woodson has talked about playing. He could become a beast here. Hope he stays with us!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I can’t jump on that bandwagon either. But give me a disciplined team, moving in the right direction, that has high expectations and accountability. I’m not expecting personally a top 5 finish in the big. But we get a few pieces coming in and we could be. I feel a lot better about things now than 3 weeks ago. 

im Not expecting knight 2.0. But I am expecting toughness and discipline and an offense that isn’t robotic and without flow. Hell can we get a damn transition bucket this year. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1215
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would rather have expectations extremely high and the team/staff reaching for them, than lower expectations that are met.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

You also have to see how teams like Iowa, UI, UM and see how many guys stay or leave the program.

don't disagree.  I am talking strictly the talent we have/had on this team.  Will they improve shooting?  Will they play better defense without the pack line?  Will they increase the BBIQ.  Will they make AF like jumps?  

I often wondered how talented we were this year vs how well coached they were.  I think its a combination of both.  I just think we should temper our expectations of next year.  I would be happy to show actually improvement from players and then in the W/L column.  Have a recruiting class/Portal transfers to fill actual holes we have.

So until then, i am cautiously optimistic 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I would rather have expectations extremely high and the team/staff reaching for them, than lower expectations that are met.

They should be stretch goals.  But to many are talking Banners already in year 1 or 2.  That is always the goal but i don't feel should be the expectation in the next couple years.  We need to rebuilt and redesign.  It could happen but i am not hanging my hat on it

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

They should be stretch goals.  But to many are talking Banners already in year 1 or 2.  That is always the goal but i don't feel should be the expectation in the next couple years.  We need to rebuilt and redesign.  It could happen but i am not hanging my hat on it

Who has mentioned a banner in year 1 or 2? I have not seen that anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who had said anything banners in year 1 or 2.  I just want to see a top 4-5 finish in the conference and make the tournament

• Like 2

I think we go back to the Knight thinking.  We look to put more years on that Big Ten Champ banner and kind of see where the tournament takes us.

Usually if you take care of one, success in the other kind of falls into place.

• Like 2

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Sure. The reality might not catch up to the expectations or goals just yet, but I firmly believe a championship mindset should be established right from the jump. I don't think that should be something you ease into.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

very excited that Lander is back!  i think he could be a completely different player than what we've seen.  man i hope Franklin and Thompson come back.  even one of them, and i'm feeling solid.  

I really think that COVID hurt his development. There were months that he could've been on campus working with the coaching staff and practicing against his teammates that were lost. That said, only 2 players under Miller made large leaps in play from one season to the next. One was Morgan that first year which I've always questioned how much Miller and staff had to do with. The other was Franklin and TDH article seemed to indicate that Miller had little to no involvement in his improvement over the summer. So maybe a summer being coached by him wouldn't have helped but I think this summer will.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We look to put more years on that Big Ten Champ banner and kind of see where the tournament takes us.

Usually if you take care of one, success in the other kind of falls into place.

That's true unless you are a Turdue fan, it's B1G Champ and nothing more. 😀

• Haha 2