Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Where would everyone play? If all guards but Al come back, how do you get playing time?  This referring to Xavier, who is a kid that is a playmaker.

I do not have that answer, but I say 2 things...

1. Let Coach Woodson deal with that problem.

2. It's a problem that only good teams have to deal with.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I believe Archie was too focused on this. It’s why he only carried 11 on the roster

You play the best 5 you can and if the others can't contribute or don't like their minutes, its the coaches job to either appease them as best he can or help them move on.  Kids need to earn playing time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I do not have that answer, but I say 2 things...

1. Let Coach Woodson deal with that problem.

2. It's a problem that only good teams have to deal with.

I guess what I'm saying is, if all come back, odds for Xavier go down, most likely.  It would be awesome if it doesn't.  

• Like 1

Awesome news today!

I realize every player and every person has the make the best decision for themselves, but talk about awkward for Franklin if leaves, especially for an in conference school, after the rest of the in-state guys (Leal, Galloway, TJD and Lander) have all stayed and announced it in a way where they profess their commitment to wanting to be a part of the solution/team that gets IU back to where it should be. 

Would be a little weird to be the only in-state guy to bail and then do it by going to a rival. 

• Like 6

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

I guess what I'm saying is, if all come back, odds for Xavier go down, most likely.  It would be awesome if it doesn't.  

Ah, I see your point. You are looking at it from the angle of recruiting Xavier. 

I think that's an easier sell. It would be honest to tell him he bring an athleticism and skill set that nobody else on the roster has to offer. (Caveat: if Armaan returns and stays on his trajectory of improving).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ah, I see your point. You are looking at it from the angle of recruiting Xavier. 

I think that's an easier sell. It would be honest to tell him he bring an athleticism and skill set that nobody else on the roster has to offer. (Caveat: if Armaan returns and stays on his trajectory of improving).

Xavier would be awesome for the new offense.  Got to think some of the "robotics" and over thinking that challenged Rob will be fixed.  Kid has ability, likeability and talent as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Did we add some players not on a 12-15 team last year, not reading the whole thread.

Not going to speak for @IUDan93, but my comment was TIC to some of the no sunshine allowed crowd... Although I will point out that our 12-15 team from last year...

1. Had no frontcourt depth due to Joey's injury late in the preseason.

2. Went without our second leading scorer for a few games and he was obviously compromised when he did play 

3. Didn't have the additional outside threat if Parker Stewart 

I don't know who other B1G teams have coming back, but we'll have a great mix of upper classmen and younger guys who can play. It's not like we were blown out of every game...I can only think of 3 we weren't competitive in (Texas, Michigan, OSU).

With the changes on both ends of the floor that Woody will make, I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Nope. 

People are just discussing whether our returning point guards Lander and Phinisee will scare away transfers like Xavier Johnson.

That would be the greatest turn around in sports history. a 12-15 team wins the championship the next season with the same players. Only IU fans could write that story.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not going to speak for @IUDan93, but my comment was TIC to some of the no sunshine allowed crowd... Although I will point out that our 12-15 team from last year...

1. Had no frontcourt depth due to Joey's injury late in the preseason.

2. Went without our second leading scorer for a few games and he was obviously compromised when he did play 

3. Didn't have the additional outside threat if Parker Stewart 

I don't know who other B1G teams have coming back, but we'll have a great mix of upper classmen and younger guys who can play. It's not like we were blown out of every game...I can only think of 3 we weren't competitive in (Texas, Michigan, OSU).

With the changes on both ends of the floor that Woody will make, I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)...

I'm right there with brother. winning 20+ games with improvement i can see. The banner talk needs to go away.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

That would be the greatest turn around in sports history. a 12-15 team wins the championship the next season with the same players. Only IU fans could write that story.

Yep, but our returning players are so good that we can't expect to get transfers because the PT just won't be there despite being only 12-15 last season. Especially at the PG position.:coffee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1