Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not going to speak for @IUDan93, but my comment was TIC to some of the no sunshine allowed crowd... Although I will point out that our 12-15 team from last year...

1. Had no frontcourt depth due to Joey's injury late in the preseason.

2. Went without our second leading scorer for a few games and he was obviously compromised when he did play 

3. Didn't have the additional outside threat if Parker Stewart 

I don't know who other B1G teams have coming back, but we'll have a great mix of upper classmen and younger guys who can play. It's not like we were blown out of every game...I can only think of 3 we weren't competitive in (Texas, Michigan, OSU).

With the changes on both ends of the floor that Woody will make, I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)...

Hey!  NO SUNSHINE ALLOWED!!!  1.  Has the front court depth gotten better?  We don't know about Brunk yet right?  Thompson may not be back.  Duncomb is a freshman.  2.  Our second leading scorer may be gone.  #3 Stewart played in a weak conference and wasn't named 1st team.  Bam!  I actually do think we'll be considerably better next year though.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not going to speak for @IUDan93, but my comment was TIC to some of the no sunshine allowed crowd... Although I will point out that our 12-15 team from last year...

1. Had no frontcourt depth due to Joey's injury late in the preseason.

2. Went without our second leading scorer for a few games and he was obviously compromised when he did play 

3. Didn't have the additional outside threat if Parker Stewart 

I don't know who other B1G teams have coming back, but we'll have a great mix of upper classmen and younger guys who can play. It's not like we were blown out of every game...I can only think of 3 we weren't competitive in (Texas, Michigan, OSU).

With the changes on both ends of the floor that Woody will make, I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)...

Oops.  Left out that we are also losing our 3rd leading scorer and possibly our 4th leading scorer as well.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Hey!  NO SUNSHINE ALLOWED!!!  1.  Has the front court depth gotten better?  We don't know about Brunk yet right?  Thompson may not be back.  Duncomb is a freshman.  2.  Our second leading scorer may be gone.  #3 Stewart played in a weak conference and wasn't named 1st team.  Bam!  I actually do think we'll be considerably better next year though.  

1. Yes. Even if Race leaves, barring injury we have TJD, Joey, and Duncomb. Last year, it was Trayce, Race, and then we had to start putting guys like Jordan guarding post players.

2. He may be, but I qualified my post with the last sentence.

3. Stewart's freshman year he shot 43% from 3 in ACC conference games...add that to the fact TJD was effusive in his praise at his presser saying that Stewart was a "straight baller" in open gym play, and I feel pretty good about that addition. He's 6'5 210 so he's no pushover.

Edited by IUFLA

I’m not comfortable crowning Stewart as the lethal shooter we needed. Hope I’m wrong, but I’d prefer another guy as well that can really knock it down. Thrilled with Kenyan Hunter staying, Fife being hired, TJD coming back, and Lander returning on top of knowing that Leal, Galloway, and Duncomb are staying. Next order of business I hope.

Brunk confirm he’s coming back

Franklin returning

Race returning

Established PG (Johnson ?)

Athletic wing (Brooks 🤨)

Lethal shooter ??

We have unlimited schollies right? 🤣 Always works out regardless right? In all seriousness, do we have one extra this year, i.e. Brunk wouldn’t count? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

1. Yes. Even if Race leaves, barring injury we have TJD, Joey, and Duncomb. Last year, it was Trayce, Race, and then we had to start putting guys like Jordan guarding post players.

2. He may be, but I qualified my post with the last sentence.

3. Stewart's freshman year he shot 43% from 3 in ACC conference games...add that to the fact TJD was effusive in his praise at his presser saying that Stewart was a "straight baller" in open gym play, and I feel pretty good about that addition. He's 6'5 210 so he's no pushover.

always love your takes.  if TJD says he's a baller, then i guess it's act that he'll be great or us.  i know you like stats and facts.  Stewart shot 34.8% last year from 3 in a weak conference and 38.6% as a freshman from 3.  6'5'' and 210 automatically makes it that he's "no pushover?"  okay.  whatever that means.  i'm actually a big Brunk fan, but did i miss that he is definitely back?  i hope so.  scary thing is if he's not back and Race leaves, i'd argue we are even thinner up front with TJD and a freshman compared to TJD and Race.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

always love your takes.  if TJD says he's a baller, then i guess it's act that he'll be great or us.  i know you like stats and facts.  Stewart shot 34.8% last year from 3 in a weak conference and 38.6% as a freshman from 3.  6'5'' and 210 automatically makes it that he's "no pushover?"  okay.  whatever that means.  i'm actually a big Brunk fan, but did i miss that he is definitely back?  i hope so.  scary thing is if he's not back and Race leaves, i'd argue we are even thinner up front with TJD and a freshman compared to TJD and Race.  

Have to look at Parker having to really take a lot of their shots and some were probably not the best shots.  His freshman year at Pitt in conference play only he shot 42 percent from 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

Have to look at Parker having to really take a lot of their shots and some were probably not the best shots.  His freshman year at Pitt in conference play only he shot 42 percent from 3

i'm curious where you guys are getting 42 and 43%.  i looked at ESPN stats and the article from Inside The Hall.  Both say 38.6%  

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I qualified my initial post, as I pointed out (but you apparently missed) " I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)..."

As far as Parker Stewart goes, I never said he'd be "great." He's a good addition that was the OVC's 3rd leading scorer and was 2nd team All OVC. He was shooting at a high volume, and at a mid major, but as I said, he HAS played in a P6 conference and done had success. Everyone says we need shooters, well he's not a bad option.

And, no, Joey hasn't made it official, but TJD said this in his presser on coming back to IU...

"I also believe Joey being healthy, it will give our team a much better dynamic just because he’s so big and a really good post player. It allows me to be able to go out and handle the ball and do things of that nature.”

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think Trayce would say that without knowing something, do you? 

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

come on man.  cherry picking stats.  i know we generally disagree, but are you and IUFLA teaming up again?  

The whole point about 42 in conference percent as opposed to 38 percent overall is this,

• He got better as the season went along.
  • The ACC is not exactly a low major conference
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I qualified my initial post, as I pointed out (but you apparently missed) " I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)..."

As far as Parker Stewart goes, I never said he'd be "great." He's a good addition that was the OVC's 3rd leading scorer and was 2nd team All OVC. He was shooting at a high volume, and at a mid major, but as I said, he HAS played in a P6 conference and done had success. Everyone says we need shooters, well he's not a bad option.

And, no, Joey hasn't made it official, but TJD said this in his presser on coming back to IU...

"I also believe Joey being healthy, it will give our team a much better dynamic just because he’s so big and a really good post player. It allows me to be able to go out and handle the ball and do things of that nature.”

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think Trayce would say that without knowing something, do you? 

i promise i'm going to stop arguing with you after this, but 2nd team all conference in that conference is impressive?  not sure about that, but i certainly hope he is the real deal.  at this moment, i think he'll be a starter.  i am just hoping Franklin will change that.  go ahead and tell me how it is, and i'll bid you goodnight.  always a pleasure!  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i promise i'm going to stop arguing with you after this, but 2nd team all conference in that conference is impressive?  not sure about that, but i certainly hope he is the real deal.  at this moment, i think he'll be a starter.  i am just hoping Franklin will change that.  go ahead and tell me how it is, and i'll bid you goodnight.  always a pleasure!  

Just remember Baylor has 2 players in their top 7 that transfered in from UNC Asheville and Presbyterian