Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Not going to speak for @IUDan93, but my comment was TIC to some of the no sunshine allowed crowd... Although I will point out that our 12-15 team from last year...

1. Had no frontcourt depth due to Joey's injury late in the preseason.

2. Went without our second leading scorer for a few games and he was obviously compromised when he did play 

3. Didn't have the additional outside threat if Parker Stewart 

I don't know who other B1G teams have coming back, but we'll have a great mix of upper classmen and younger guys who can play. It's not like we were blown out of every game...I can only think of 3 we weren't competitive in (Texas, Michigan, OSU).

With the changes on both ends of the floor that Woody will make, I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)...

I'm IUDan93, and I endorse this message. I will add the fact that we played many teams tough this year, just not for 40 minutes. If Coach can simply get them to play for 40, our record will improve dramatically.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

By this time next year, we will appreciate how huge this is.  Geronimo is going to be a player.

He seems like the prototypical NBA wing that you'd think would thrive with Woodson. Obviously we don't know firsthand what Woodson's development skills are like yet, but you'd think a guy like Geronimo would be the perfect fit for Woodson. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Think Rajon Rondo??

Rondo offensively that is. Khristian has a long way to go defensively but no reason he couldn’t dedicate himself. I’m looking for Woodson to help him with his offense obviously. Think Immanual Quickley jump from freshman year to sophomore....even now he isn’t a great 3pt shooter...but he is just super quick with the ball in his hand...has an array of finishes. He is very aggressive offensively when he comes into the game and looks to wreak havoc and score.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I would like to see us pull in not one of our own next. Someone that can help us at the point.

I agree. That is the next step for Woody to take.  I’m guessing when the dust settles with Franklin and Race is when we will get more clarity here. I’m hoping we get news soon that we are landing Xavier Johnson. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

By this time next year, we will appreciate how huge this is.  Geronimo is going to be a player.

Geronimo was probably my favorite freshman. I assumed he was transferring so I was incredibly excited that he decided to stay. He’s going to blow up under Woodson. 

• Like 3

Oregon's Jalen Terry enters the portal.

Per Yahoo:

The 6-foot, 165-pound guard was the sole signee of the 2020 Oregon Ducks recruiting class before Franck Kepnang reclassified to join the team midseason. 247Sports composite rating ranked him as the nation's No. 16 point guard and No. 78 player nationally. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree. That is the next step for Woody to take.  I’m guessing when the dust settles with Franklin and Race is when we will get more clarity here. I’m hoping we get news soon that we are landing Xavier Johnson. 

Cone from Va.T is a better shooter. Reminds me of Armon Bassett

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

With Fife coming, not asking for much. 

Bring Aaron Henry, Brooks enters portal and comes to IU, get Franklin back and let’s get to next season already. 

I like the way you think but IUScott was told by Henry's dad, NBA or back to MSU. iFthat happened u still could get your guard. Hunter would be in the portal in 2 seconds.

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm guessing if you knew everything a player at IU did you wouldnt have anyone to root for from the past.

Basset's multiple arrests on assault and gun charges probably take him a step above the average college athlete smoking pot comparison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I qualified my initial post, as I pointed out (but you apparently missed) " I can see us making a significant improvement with our current roster (and assuming Race and Armaan come back)..."

As far as Parker Stewart goes, I never said he'd be "great." He's a good addition that was the OVC's 3rd leading scorer and was 2nd team All OVC. He was shooting at a high volume, and at a mid major, but as I said, he HAS played in a P6 conference and done had success. Everyone says we need shooters, well he's not a bad option.

And, no, Joey hasn't made it official, but TJD said this in his presser on coming back to IU...

"I also believe Joey being healthy, it will give our team a much better dynamic just because he’s so big and a really good post player. It allows me to be able to go out and handle the ball and do things of that nature.”

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think Trayce would say that without knowing something, do you? 

I like TJD playing with Brunk against certain teams. I thought TJD was very effective feeding Brunk from the high post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I like the way you think but IUScott was told by Henry's dad, NBA or back to MSU. iFthat happened u still could get your guard. Hunter would be in the portal in 2 seconds.

I also doubt Henry's dad is going to break the news to Scott.  Not that he is transferring anyways.  Would LOVE to see Izzo actually retire today and for this all to happen though.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I like TJD playing with Brunk against certain teams. I thought TJD was very effective feeding Brunk from the high post.

NO!!!!! Guards, space, 3s, movement!! lol I can't go another season watching offense just dump it in the post every possession.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

It's not a winning formula.  Gotta have 3 really good guards.  See Baylor.  As good as their bigs were they were still service men.  

Wait.. what isn't a winning formula? Movement, spacing, multiple threats from deep, effective ball screens?

You want two players that can't shoot outside of 5ft on the floor together and that's a recipe to win? What successful team rolls like that right?

• Like 1