Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

https://www.si.com/college/washington/recruiting/national-recruit-tamar-bates-has-rush-of-new-suitors-including-uw

Tamar Bates wants to play for a black coach after all the racial tension. He decommitted from Texas after shaka moved on I think. Should Woody and Hunter give him a call. I suspect Shaka may still get him but who knows.

I could see him playing for Counzo Martin at Mizzou. He’s from KC

So... people in the know - what is the updated scorecard?

Franklin - what is the bet here and when do we hear?

Thompson - see above?

Brunk - anyone claim to know for sure?  will there be an announcement?

Johnson - odds?  when?

Brooks - is there any fire here or just smoke?

Anyone else in the rumor mill?

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

I don't know anything about Armaan nor Race. Yesterday I heard Lander was going to share the news and he did. Today I heard the Xavier stuff. If I hear anything I will be sure to share here.

You tell us what we want to hear.... or else!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So... people in the know - what is the updated scorecard?

Franklin - what is the bet here and when do we hear?

Thompson - see above?

Brunk - anyone claim to know for sure?  will there be an announcement?

Johnson - odds?  when?

Brooks - is there any fire here or just smoke?

Anyone else in the rumor mill?

I saw a Youtube by Kent Sterling where Brunk has told CMW he's coming back for his 6th year, FWIW......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Basset's multiple arrests on assault and gun charges probably take him a step above the average college athlete smoking pot comparison.

I was talking about his play on the court but everyone always has to chime in with the off court stuff we all know about. Which didnt happen while playing here.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I expect KB to enter portal and become a Hoosier.

What leads you to believe this?

I posted this in another thread, but...

"However, as of now, Brooks has no plans to transfer and will likely be playing at Kentucky ‘if’ he’s playing college hoops this fall.

“He’s going to put his name in the draft, see what that does and then go from there,” Brooks’ father, Keion Brooks Sr., told Tucker.

If Brooks Jr. stays in college next season, “it wouldn’t be nowhere else but Kentucky, unless he throws me a curveball,” Brooks Sr. added."

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"However, as of now, Brooks has no plans to transfer and will likely be playing at Kentucky ‘if’ he’s playing college hoops this fall.

“He’s going to put his name in the draft, see what that does and then go from there,” Brooks’ father, Keion Brooks Sr., told Tucker.

If Brooks Jr. stays in college next season, “it wouldn’t be nowhere else but Kentucky, unless he throws me a curveball,” Brooks Sr. added."

Just what a SEC blog guy had said and he has said that his sources are always right

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't pay any attention to what bloggers say. I listen to players and those close to the players and we all know that relationship that TJD has with KB and we also know why Dad picked UK. What I hear is that may not be able to admit that he was wrong may still finally allow KB to decide what is best for him. More than 1 player wants him here and they let him know and the feeling i hear is mutual. Cal still trying to sell him UK is the best fit. IMO from all that I put together if it does not happen in the next week he will be at UK. Not his choice if that is how it shakes out. Here is to hoping Dad does whats best for his son

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't pay any attention to what bloggers say. I listen to players and those close to the players and we all know that relationship that TJD has with KB and we also know why Dad picked UK. What I hear is that may not be able to admit that he was wrong may still finally allow KB to decide what is best for him. More than 1 player wants him here and they let him know and the feeling i hear is mutual. Cal still trying to sell him UK is the best fit. IMO from all that I put together if it does not happen in the next week he will be at UK. Not his choice if that is how it shakes out. Here is to hoping Dad does whats best for his son

Besides, If he truly wants to be at IU and not and UK, I would totally expect a much improved player with Brooks in an Indiana uniform.....It would mean so much more to him...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe Keion's dad is the dude driving the car and singing in the Allstate commercial @5fouls is so fond of :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3