Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Have no guess on that one. There are some people here that have mentioned they believe it'll happen though.

If everything shakes out this way, thoughts on this lineup?

Johnson, Franklin, Stewart, Brooks, TJD? Even if Johnson doesn't end up coming, throwing Lander in there as the PG, is this lineup better with Brooks instead of Hunter at the 4?

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Jerome and Keion? Geronimo? 

I see all three of those guys as stretch fours in a modern offense. 

Yes.. absolutely. The "stretch 4" yes is a ideally someone who can shoot, but it is also someone that can play on the perimeter/has guard skills. Keion fits that bill. He also rebounds very well, good defender.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Jerome and Keion? Geronimo? 

I see all three of those guys as stretch fours in a modern offense. 

Keion is a rumor at this point at best (also can he actually shoot, not so sure)

Keeping expectations low on Jerome...

Geronimo certainly not ready for that...yet

1 minute ago, Beamerball said:

If everything shakes out this way, thoughts on this lineup?

Johnson, Franklin, Stewart, Brooks, TJD? Even if Johnson doesn't end up coming, throwing Lander in there as the PG, is this lineup better with Brooks instead of Hunter at the 4?

The first 5 you mentioned would be very exciting for me. I like Brooks in the starting lineup because he offers something different.

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I had no idea, i didn't realize he had transfered twice.  Do we know why he left pit for UT Martin?

Dad died/he has a good relationship with Kenya. Other than that, I don't know. He's a career 36.6% 3pt shooter on 7 attempts a game. For reference.. before Zeisloft came to IU he was a 37.3% career 3pt shooter on 4 attempts a game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Dad died/he has a good relationship with Kenya. Other than that, I don't know. He's a career 36.6% 3pt shooter on 7 attempts a game. For reference.. before Zeisloft came to IU he was a 37.3% career 3pt shooter on 4 attempts a game.

I feel a bit better about him now that he started at a big school and then went to UT Martin.  And that he shot better that Pitt than UT Martin.  I hope he is as good as advertised. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Last... season... of.... play. He did shoot 39% as a FR for Pitt. You'll probably change the goal posts again. Oh well, I tried.

Not moving the goal posts.  Just won't get excited until they prove something.  I have been here and excited to many time to fall for it again.  Fool me 4 times, shame on me.  Not this time.  Nope.  Going to wait for the to prove it was a good hire and they can win basketball games, or hell, improve players from year to year would even be nice to see.

I am very cautiously optimistic.  But i will not jump feet first into the this.  But i fully expect next year to be similar to this year.  It is the same players.  The same BBIQ and same inability to shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor.  As mentioned so many times in the past.  The coach can't shoot it for them, just put them in position.  And we missed so many open and easy shots.

So I will wait.  Might make me a bad fan or something.  But i will only put my hand in fire like 4 times before i learn.  I might be stupid but i am not that stupid :) 

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Isn't this where we give the obligatory "it will work itself out"?

LOL, knew someone would say that 😂.

just wondering if it’s possible to keep our roster and add Brooks/Johnson or if that would make us over signed. 

But yes, I do agree that it will work itself out when there’s a projected 1,500+ transfers this year and Hunter/Fife as our recruiters.

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I feel a bit better about him now that he started at a big school and then went to UT Martin.  And that he shot better that Pitt than UT Martin.  I hope he is as good as advertised. 

I think he's one reason to be optimistic. I'm not saying he's our saving grace.. but I like idea of him attempting 7 3s a game at between 35 to 40%. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

LOL, knew someone would say that 😂.

just wondering if it’s possible to keep our roster and add Brooks/Johnson or if that would make us over signed. 

But yes, I do agree that it will work itself out when there’s a projected 1,500+ transfers this year and Hunter/Fife as our recruiters.

Check the scholarship grid thread. If everyone comes back.. we have 2 extra scholarships, that's counting Thompson and Franklin.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not moving the goal posts.  Just won't get excited until they prove something.  I have been here and excited to many time to fall for it again.  Fool me 4 times, shame on me.  Not this time.  Nope.  Going to wait for the to prove it was a good hire and they can win basketball games, or hell, improve players from year to year would even be nice to see.

I am very cautiously optimistic.  But i will not jump feet first into the this.  But i fully expect next year to be similar to this year.  It is the same players.  The same BBIQ and same inability to shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor.  As mentioned so many times in the past.  The coach can't shoot it for them, just put them in position.  And we missed so many open and easy shots.

So I will wait.  Might make me a bad fan or something.  But i will only put my hand in fire like 4 times before i learn.  I might be stupid but i am not that stupid :) 

Fair enough....