Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

15 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

wow!  14.2ppg and 5.7 apg in the ACC?  yes please.  not a great shooter, but immediate upgrade at PG.  what does this mean for Rob?  some SG?  

Yes, second in ACC in assists. Too many TOs. Coming out of HS was described as a Ferrari with no brakes. Not a great shooting %, but 79% FTs, which is always good to see from a primary ball handler 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I won’t get too excited about next year. I won’t get too excited about next year. I won’t I won’t I won’t get too excited about next year. 

Yeah, that’s not working. 

How much do you think we will be favored by to beat the Zags in the title game? :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Honestly, I am trying to keep a realistic outlook on next season. I will be elated if we hear our name called on selection Sunday next year. 

I can't see making it being an issue. We were considered in for most of this season before collapsing late.  I think we will be ranked most of the season. We will be old. Have talent. And coaching. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Another one incoming soon.... 

This guy called it today for Xavier

It it's raising eyebrows my guess is either a player like Keion.....or perhaps a more far fetched transfer would be Adam Miller from Illinois?? Those would be two that would raise eyebrows. 

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I can't see making it being an issue. We were considered in for most of this season before collapsing late.  I think we will be ranked most of the season. We will be old. Have talent. And coaching. 

I agree for the most part. I’m not sure about being ranked most of the year though. I’m just trying to stay grounded after the last three years. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It it's raising eyebrows my guess is either a player like Keion.....or perhaps a more far fetched transfer would be Adam Miller from Illinois?? Those would be two that would raise eyebrows. 

Noah Locke from Florida is another.  I believe he and Hunter are acquainted.  The thing with Brooks is he isn’t in the portal as far as we’ve been told.  It would seem very odd to go in the portal and transfer in one fell swoop.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Can't remember who or where I saw it but someones friend owns/works at a restaurant that said a day or two ago they got a huge catering order for the team. Thought it might coincide with an Assistant Coaches introductory press conference or something at the time. (before Fife announcement) Said it was for Wed. I think. Could have been on another board...I'm old, overworked, undersexed, and I've slept since then. 🤷‍♂️

I think you just described me!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

We were just ranked 26th by Andy Katz BEFORE we added a guy who averaged 14 and 6. 

Having a Woody as our coach is such a pleasurable experience so far. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, second in ACC in assists. Too many TOs. Coming out of HS was described as a Ferrari with no brakes. Not a great shooting %, but 79% FTs, which is always good to see from a primary ball handler 

Last year he had 5.7 assists to 3.3 to’s

Shot 32% from the three, 50% from the two and 79% from FT.

Averaged 14.2 a game in a season in which most games were ACC (few cupcakes). Good to see that he proved himself in the ACC vs hoping a transfer can successfully move up from a poor conference to the BT.

• Like 2