Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I agree for the most part. I’m not sure about being ranked most of the year though. I’m just trying to stay grounded after the last three years. 

Totally understand. There are a lot of reasons for the crimson glasses though.

With Xavier, we have an upgrade at PG, someone who can create for themselves and others.

With Stewart, we add some outside shooting.

With Brunk and Logan, we add interior size and depth.

We got older while much of the rest of the conference will have big pieces gone to transfers, the NBA and or graduation. 

Those are facts. In addition, players, like Geronimo, will improve and the team should play better with a new coach and system. Time will tell on that but you add it all up and its conceivable we should see a major jump.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Reacher said:

With Xavier, we have an upgrade at PG, someone who can create for themselves and others.

We got older while much of the rest of the conference will have big pieces gone to transfers, the NBA and or graduation. 

Those are facts. In addition, players, like Geronimo, will improve and the team should play better with a new coach and system. Time will tell on that but you add it all up and its conceivable we should see a major jump.

Stop it. I am trying to stay level headed over here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Noah Locke from Florida is another.  I believe he and Hunter are acquainted.  The thing with Brooks is he isn’t in the portal as far as we’ve been told.  It would seem very odd to go in the portal and transfer in one fell swoop.  

We didnt make his list.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

It would not be inconceivable to see the type of Jump we saw in Crean Year 3 to Crean Year 4 IMO.  We did not land that big recruit like Zeller but we are adding some pieces with strengths we were lacking last year and I think we had a talent upgrade on the bench.  Woodson>Miller and Fife>Ostrom.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It would not be inconceivable to see the type of Jump we saw in Crean Year 3 to Crean Year 4 IMO.  We did not land that big recruit like Zeller but we are adding some pieces with strengths we were lacking last year and I think we had a talent upgrade on the bench.  Woodson>Miller and Fife>Ostrom.

That's just Crazy talk :D

• Like 3

If Franklin comes back, we should have enough talent to be a ranked team with good coaching.  Even more so if we’re able to upgrade Thompson with an athletic shot blocker in the portal — are we in on anyone like that?

Bring Franklin back, announce Lewis as the third assistant, bring in another forward, and let’s roll.  Couldn’t ask for anything more than this thus far.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If Franklin comes back, we should have enough talent to be a ranked team with good coaching.  Even more so if we’re able to upgrade Thompson with an athletic shot blocker in the portal — are we in on anyone like that?

Bring Franklin back, announce Lewis as the third assistant, bring in another forward, and let’s roll.  Couldn’t ask for anything more than this thus far.

It would be nice to have a shot-blocker, but I'm a Race fan. Would love to see him return.

Armaan too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It would be nice to have a shot-blocker, but I'm a Race fan. Would love to see him return.

Armaan too.

I agree! Armaan really improved his shooting , if he can improve his ball handling he could be awesome! I personal loved how hard Race played! Big fan of his! He needs to really improve his shooting and he could be awesome also! 

• Like 3