Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

We should have had this as a trivia question.  Jucker is not in...nor is Rollie Massimino.

It is....and surprisingly several coaches...kinda shocked. Bennett for example though I don't see how he won't make it. 73% winning percentage over 15 years...NC....won ACC 5 times. Multiple coach of the year awards. Like I said...even if he doesn't make another run if he has clearly done enough. You take Virginia and win like they did for the run he has had (and seems likely to continue). I think its safe to say unless they find out he was dirty there isn't anything that will keep him out.

39 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Very, very weak argument.  Of course you can blame him for bailing on the program and especially his teammates.  If he were 17 and a high school recruit, your argument would make sense.  Your argument is like saying you can’t blame a married man for leaving his family because a prettier, more accomplished woman came along.  That would be much different than a single man dating one girl and then leaving for a second girl.  

Thanks for the input. Lots of weird infidelity analogies on the board these days. 

I'm not talking about Armaan's decision to go or stay. I'm simply saying that if any kid had the opportunity to go to VA as a recruit or transfer, there are plenty of good reasons to do so. I'll let the rest of you debate his character for whatever choice he ends up making.

• Like 2

Just now, BankShot said:

Potentially the best roster we've had in how long?

i am not one who is big on playing more than 9 guys meaningful minutes, but dang!  who would be considered bottom 3 guys right now?  i guess it would be between Leal, Galloway, Phinisee, Brunk, Geronimo?  all of those guys could have solid roles.  

1 minute ago, Piston Honda said:

Thanks for the input. Lots of weird infidelity analogies on the board these days. 

I'm not talking about Armaan's decision to go or stay. I'm simply saying that if any kid had the opportunity to go to VA as a recruit or transfer, there are plenty of good reasons to do so. I'll let the rest of you debate his character for whatever choice he ends up making.

Thanks for the response.  We are diametrically opposed on this one but that’s ok.  All the respect to you.  

Ecstatic about these returnees. Give me Arman and Brooks then call it a day. I refuse to acknowledge the belief that we are too deep at any position.

Competition in practice and for PT will bring out the best of each player. Similar to the 2012 team, after going through these previous lows will make the success of next year that much sweeter! Keep working, CMW!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

I don't think anyone is questioning Armaan's character. It isn't a character related decision. He hasn't done anything wrong nor should he need to apologize or anything. Don't think we are debating that. I'm sure people can and will debate if it was a wise decision/should he leave his IU family(teammates)....and I'm sure fan's will stop rooting for Armaan based on it if he does...but that is just normal fan behavior. It won't mean he is a bad kid or he deserves harm or any kind of hatred...and I don't think anyone is doing that. Just fans will feel somewhat betrayed if he chooses to leave...especially if its to a rival B1G team.

9 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Slightly surprised on Race - hope he can become a super-sub energy big for us.

Woody has said he wants to go four out and one in as we have discussed ad nauseum.  So I think Race’s role may be the most elusive to characterize now.   

@BGleashad a great observation about Baylor.  He observed that Baylor  had spread the floor even though they had two bigs that weren’t shooters and it worked.  The power forward would crash the boards.  Here, I think Race could space out further so we aren’t so crowded and lumbering inside.  For example, imagine him head hunting for picks!

The other nice thing with Race is that he’s really strong.  He defended much taller guys by putting his forearm out and not letting his man get as low as he wants.  Having that will be useful.  

• Like 3