Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Ecstatic about these returnees. Give me Arman and Brooks then call it a day. I refuse to acknowledge the belief that we are too deep at any position.

Competition in practice and for PT will bring out the best of each player. Similar to the 2012 team, after going through these previous lows will make the success of next year that much sweeter! Keep working, CMW!

Well you will have to call it a day because we will be full. Woodson will have a lot of hungry mouths to feed....hopefully we win and everyone plays well and that helps keep everyone happy.

Just now, dgambill said:

Well you will have to call it a day because we will be full. Woodson will have a lot of hungry mouths to feed....hopefully we win and everyone plays well and that helps keep everyone happy.

I hope all these returning players have a big developmental gain this year and learn to shoot and hit open shots.  This team was a particularly good shooting team, even when they were open.   Hoping it was a mental thing connected to CAM and not just really bad shooters.

• Like 1

I think we all should give Archie some credit here. Just listen before you roast me! Archie was right when he said he has an absolutely good bunch of kids. They all play for each other and they all seem to enjoy each other. A good locker room. I think it's evident by it seems a majority coming back even when they could have been selfish in the portal they all want to be together. I think you can credit that just as much as Woody telling them he will make them better. Just my opinion. We got some good kids here guys!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He got to the point that he was money by the end of the year.  

Just saying Henry made huge strides during his time at MSU. I would never have projected him an NBA player coming out of HS. If say someone like Brooks comes...man that extra bit of work and improvement on his jumper and ability to take the ball and score....that might be all he needs to make the leap he wants. Fife has a track record that deserves looking at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just saying Henry made huge strides during his time at MSU. I would never have projected him an NBA player coming out of HS. If say someone like Brooks comes...man that extra bit of work and improvement on his jumper and ability to take the ball and score....that might be all he needs to make the leap he wants. Fife has a track record that deserves looking at.

I totally agree.  I’m serious about Henry.  I used to want him to shoot because I’d expect a miss.  But then at the end of the year he was hitting regularly.  I agree that he came a long way. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We will have 

TJD/BRUNK/DUNCOMB

BROOKS??/RACE/HUNTER/GERONIMO

Thats pretty crowded if you ask me. Maybe Duncomb redshirts?? That would be smart. Still that's a lot!

Ours would be pretty crowded, but this is a crowded frontcourt:

13 Walker Kessler F/C 7-1 245 Fr. Newnan, Ga. / Woodward Academy
11 Day'Ron Sharpe F/C 6-11 265 Fr. Greenville, N.C. / Monteverde Academy (Fla.)
21 Sterling Manley F/C 6-11 250 R-Jr. Pickerington, Ohio / Pickerington Central
22 Walker Miller F/C 6-11 235 Sr. Greensboro, N.C. / New Hampton Prep (N.H.)
5 Armando BacotHear how to pronounce Armando Bacot F/C 6-10 240 So. Richmond, Va. / IMG Academy (Fla.)
15 Garrison Brooks F 6-10 240 Sr. LaFayette, Ala.Hear how to pronounce LaFayette, Ala./ Auburn
1 Leaky BlackHear how to pronounce Leaky Black G/F 6-8 195 Jr. Concord, N.C.Hear how to pronounce Concord, N.C./ Cox Mill
14 Puff Johnson G 6-8 190 Fr. Moon Township, Pa. / Hillcrest Prep (Phoenix, Ariz.)

We need to start comparing ourselves to the UNC's of the world again.

• Like 2