Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This isn’t popular here but it’s the truth. When I saw Trayce’s press conference last week and I heard him say Armaan was “iffy,” I actually rooted for him to leave.  Literally every other single player stayed.  I mentioned today that Rob deserved credit for staying even though another point guard was brought in.  it’s not like Armaan was going to be benched or wouldn’t get top coaching or wouldn’t be able to show his skills for the NBA.  He doesn’t get it and he doesn’t fit with our culture.  None of those things are in play here.  We don’t need that here.   

Adios Arman. Don't let the door hit you in the ?ss!

I want to watch players who want to be here and care about Indiana. It is obvious that his interest was in himself and his needs and not the teams. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

my UF friend said he is a pain in the ass and left because he wasn't going to be promised the pg role so maybe not.

Maybe...but also a question might be...does Virginia fit him better?  Franklin was much improved, no doubt, but his game might be better suited for the Virginia style instead of the new IU style.  Just a thought.  

6 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Maybe...but also a question might be...does Virginia fit him better?  Franklin was much improved, no doubt, but his game might be better suited for the Virginia style instead of the new IU style.  Just a thought.  

I thought he was talking about the Florida (UF) xfer not Armaan?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I saw that coming and I’m glad he’s gone.  Cleanse the program of that kind of BS.  And I said it before he left so it’s not sour grapes.  

Sorry man you're better than this post. Armaan didn't do anything wrong, there is no BS with him to cleanse. 

He evaluated his options and made a decision within what, 10 days of a new coach? There is a absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Good luck to Armaan,  Ultimately, he needs to do what he thinks is best for him, just like Xavier did when he chose Indiana.  Can't hold that against one when you support the other.  

It's embarrassing that anyone has anything bad to say about Armaan but welcome X with open arms. 

Xavier Johnson didn't even finish his season. 

• Like 2

I actually think Virginia is a great fit for Franklin. Franklin isn't going to wow you with athleticism and going to the rim, so the slower half court offense bodes well for him. Hell, he thrived this year when we slowed down the offense.

He no doubt would've been good in our offense, but you can't blame him for playing for Bennett. I would've thought being an Indiana kid would've kept him here, but oh well.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to him. Virginia is obviously not a slouch program. Have no clue what he thinks Tony B's offense or strategy will do for him but oh well. Hoosiers have had a great week. We'll be just fine.

For the angry folks. Just unfollow and move along. 

Well said. Good luck to him. That said there is no reason for Hoosier fans to feel obligated to be Armaan fans. He doesn’t want to be part of the IU family and that’s his right. But just because he played here doesn’t mean we owe him anything moving forward. Appreciate his two big games in the crossroads...that’s how I’ll choose to remember him. Wish I could have had something more substantial to remember him by (like a tourney win or something) but he left before we got to the good stuff. ✌️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's embarrassing that anyone has anything bad to say about Armaan but welcome X with open arms. 

Xavier Johnson didn't even finish his season. 

No issue for me with @BobSaccamanno take here. I do not agree, but I see where he is coming from. We can respectfully disagree. Besides, his take was way better than this goofball....

Screenshot_20210408-173011_Twitter.jpg