Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does the University bring recruits in on private jets?  Are official visits even permitted?  Do you know something about this particular flight or just totally spit balling?

I flew into Bloomington today and this jet showed up while at the FBO. Two older men and a young “baller” kid deplaned.  So obviously I was curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Crazy sauce to me...

Jamal Mashburn, Jr., my favorite target for Woodson to get, is transferring to New Mexico to play for Pitino.

He has way too much talent to play at that level.

What?? Home of two Pacer greats Mel Daniels and Danny Granger?? Bolder dash!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I've read some on other sites that Miller Kopp may have mutual interest with IU.

I hope not...he's pretty one dimensional...pretty much just a shooter, and last year he was not very good...32% from 3 and barely 40% overall...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hope not...he's pretty one dimensional...pretty much just a shooter, and last year he was not very good...32% from 3 and barely 40% overall...

At this point, there are probably a ton of players who have interest which goes both ways.  Have to keep options going.  Never know whats going to happen. 

9 hours ago, Piston Honda said:

I expect IU to explore all options for shooting options. Including taking a page from Michigan and looking beyond D1 transfers like they did with Duncan Robinson. There is one name within Indiana college hoops right now available that I think would be an amazing fit. 

Welcome back Piston.  Good to hear from you!

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

#2 JUCO decommitted from Alabama.  Everyday more and more enter the portal or on the market.

Just looked it up, Oates literally recruited over him by accepting a Spring 2021 PF as well as two transfers. Before this kid decommitted, Bama was 2 scholarships over the limit after accepting 3 players this Spring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just looked it up, Oates literally recruited over him by accepting a Spring 2021 PF as well as two transfers. Before this kid decommitted, Bama was 2 scholarships over the limit after accepting 3 players this Spring. 

Wow!  I guess that is one way to recruit.  That would stink for the kids involved.  Seems like an athletic player who can help a team.