Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

9 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Tough to take a list seriously that has Franklin in the 30’s

Why? He was good and not great. Many lists had him low because the rest of the country didn't view him the same way IU fans did because he was the second best player on a bad team. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Or maybe we thought he was better than he was. 🤷🏻‍♂️

definitely possible.  kinda like i said when people were so big on Leal, Galloway, Lander, and Geronimo.  i like those guys and hope they pan out, but we got awful excited when they did anything good because we were a little desperate to look at something positive!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

definitely possible.  kinda like i said when people were so big on Leal, Galloway, Lander, and Geronimo.  i like those guys and hope they pan out, but we got awful excited when they did anything good because we were a little desperate to look at something positive!  

Maybe a little of that, but i think its much more to do with the fact they are freshman and seem to have potential. I dont think people would have gotten excited if they were seniors. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

He has chosen Duke. 

FE7A82AA-2D71-4E70-AA71-17023712128A.jpeg

It's a good fit. Guy isn't a star...doesn't need any shot attempts...just loves to play hard. At Duke there are lots of OAD 5* talents that will want the ball in their hands and want shots...this guy will be unselfish and complement them. We on the other hand need a guy that can shoot/make plays. We have plenty of blue collar types on the team.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Chris007 stated that Mangas will be at IU or he will start his professional career this coming year, that's his understanding. 

Is that new news? I thought that was always the perception. 

I really want Mangas....just have a gut feeling that this guy is the piece the team needs.

People thought JJ Redick or Grayson Allen wouldn't make an impact in the NBA. I think this parallels the hesitation some have about Mangas having an impact in D1. The dude is a winner; he may not put up 30 a night but he will fill a role. 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Is that new news? I thought that was always the perception. 

I really want Mangas....just have a gut feeling that this guy is the piece the team needs.

People thought JJ Redick or Grayson Allen wouldn't make an impact in the NBA. I think this parallels the hesitation some have about Mangas having an impact in D1. The dude is a winner; he may not put up 30 a night but he will fill a role. 

perception? I have only seen speculation. This seems more than that. I have zero doubt Mangas will help us in a big way. 

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

perception? I have only seen speculation. This seems more than that. I have zero doubt Mangas will help us in a big way. 

haha.....I was literally debating if perception was the right word to use but was having a brain fart on appropriate synonyms. Speculation is better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

IU has to make a real offer. If that happens he'll likely be in Bloomington. If they don't he'll begin his professional career.