Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will be in Hilton Head in August.  Was supposed to go last year but got cancelled.  Also I will put it here but I finally found a job and I start on May 3rd.  I will be a courier for Quest Diagnostics on Indy.

Congratulations and best of luck on your new job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Give me a deer hunting trip along the Milk River in Montana over a beach trip anytime.

Yep, I work outdoors, I’d take a trip to Milk River, actually I’d take a week at the farm hunting without ole lady asking why I gotta stay all night , even though it’s a 2 and half hour drive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I will be in Hilton Head in August.  Was supposed to go last year but got cancelled.  Also I will put it here but I finally found a job and I start on May 3rd.  I will be a courier for Quest Diagnostics on Indy.

Congrats, Scott. Glad to hear. I can't imagine what you have been through but perseverance pays off. I hope this new career is the best of your life!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Hey!  That's fantastic, Scott!  Congratulations, guy!  That's really great news.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Purdue?

My estimation he's not a B1G guard. Doesn't shoot it well enough to compensate for getting abused on the defensive end...

And Purdue has a bevy of guards...

If we didn't already have a stacked backcourt, I'd be afraid he'd look at IU...Fife recruited him and was a big advocate of his during their time at MSU...

I'm thinking maybe one of the Michigan directional schools would be a good fit... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My estimation he's not a B1G guard. Doesn't shoot it well enough to compensate for getting abused on the defensive end...

And Purdue has a bevy of guards...

If we didn't already have a stacked backcourt, I'd be afraid he'd look at IU...Fife recruited him and was a big advocate of his during their time at MSU...

I'm thinking maybe one of the Michigan directional schools would be a good fit... 

TY.

I am pretty sure Purdue recruited him but I also would assume that ship has sailed as well.

• Like 1

@go_iu_bb started a conversation that probably fits here more so to keep that from derailing here it is.   

I was wondering if there is a site that shows when a kid entered the portal.  The closest thing I have found is 247Sports Transfer Portal twitter feed.  https://mobile.twitter.com/247sportsportal

Selection Sunday was march 15th.  It took me 5 minutes of scrolling down to make it to Feb 28th.  Good players such as Matt Cross were in the portal a while and he committed to Louisville Feb 25.  Travis Branham tweeted on that same date that more than 200 players were already in the portal, including our new point guard.  

Back to the point of quality transfers available year round.  I scrolled to the beginning of 247 Sports transfer portal thread.  They started that twitter Feb 2nd.  I couldn't find a transfer portal list that included when a player entered the portal without clicking on the individual's 247 sports profile and looking at their personal timeline.  

Anyways.  It appears Woodson believes in a full roster and using all scholarships.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

@go_iu_bb started a conversation that probably fits here more so to keep that from derailing here it is.   

I was wondering if there is a site that shows when a kid entered the portal.  The closest thing I have found is 247Sports Transfer Portal twitter feed.  https://mobile.twitter.com/247sportsportal

Selection Sunday was march 15th.  It took me 5 minutes of scrolling down to make it to Feb 28th.  Good players such as Matt Cross were in the portal a while and he committed to Louisville Feb 25.  Travis Branham tweeted on that same date that more than 200 players were already in the portal, including our new point guard.  

Back to the point of quality transfers available year round.  I scrolled to the beginning of 247 Sports transfer portal thread.  They started that twitter Feb 2nd.  I couldn't find a transfer portal list that included when a player entered the portal without clicking on the individual's 247 sports profile and looking at their personal timeline.  

Anyways.  It appears Woodson believes in a full roster and using all scholarships.  

Someone else cited this one earlier in the thread...That's the one I look at...

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Someone else cited this one earlier in the thread...That's the one I look at...

Yep.  That's the one that ncaa.org links.  There are no dates on that page once you click on the individual.  247sports player pages have a timeline, though no always accurate and up to date, usually gets updated and close.