Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Do you guys know about Marilu’s special mental acuity?  She can remember every day of her life.

https://www.brainandlife.org/articles/actress-marilu-henner-has-a-highly-superior-autobiographical-memory-a/

What is it called when your wife "THINKS" she has this...but really doesn't?!! I need to know lol.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What is it called when your wife "THINKS" she has this...but really doesn't?!! I need to know lol.

I know the answer but because I like you I won't share. I want you to stay married and if you in the moment say it to her you might be calling Mike Roberts to see if he has anymore room on any couches for you. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I know the answer but because I like you I won't share. I want you to stay married and if you in the moment say it to her you might be calling Mike Roberts to see if he has anymore room on any couches for you. 

So true...thank you for thinking of me lol. I'm sure @5fouls knows it as well!! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I asked my kids what do you do when you come to a yellow light my responsibility son says proceed with caution,  my daughter says speed up. 

Could not get either to say slow down 

Your daughter is the smart one. Usually when I go through a yellow light, 3-5 cars go through after me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  I am afraid to get rear ended if I were to stop and car a 6 car pile up 

No doubt down here in Florida!! Still trying to get used them down here. Literally had an old man flip me off because I would not turn on red (WITH A BIG SIGN THAT SAYS NO TURN ON RED)...then 10 mins later our road mergers down to 1 lane and another idiot behind me blasts his horn at me for like half a mile because I allowed the car to the right of me to merge in. Both went flying past me later with a death stare and yet neither had a Florida license plate so who knows if its just Florida drivers or drivers in Florida lol.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

No doubt down here in Florida!! Still trying to get used them down here. Literally had an old man flip me off because I would not turn on red (WITH A BIG SIGN THAT SAYS NO TURN ON RED)...then 10 mins later our road mergers down to 1 lane and another idiot behind me blasts his horn at me for like half a mile because I allowed the car to the right of me to merge in. Both went flying past me later with a death stare and yet neither had a Florida license plate so who knows if its just Florida drivers or drivers in Florida lol.

That’s why auto insurance rates here in FL are so high. Ours went way up when we moved here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If I didn't know better, I'd say you live in Evansville!

What's scary is even the big rigs are blasting through them without slowing down....

Have had that experience all over. It was funny. I used to live in Cedar Rapids, IA. They added stoplight cameras and started issuing tickets for running red lights. That caused people to stop going through on yellows and early red lights and there was a big increase in rear end collisions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s why auto insurance rates here in FL are so high. Ours went way up when we moved here. 

Oh no doubt. Lots of uninsured drivers down here and of course elderly. Add in PIP too and it’s certainly going to go up. I have a little girl so I sold my bmw and figured I’d be responsible and got a Honda so saved money. Although I’m probably not your avg Floridian working in Naples. Since cars (typically) are such a horrible investment we aren’t spending a college tuition every 5 years to just keep up with the neighbors. Heck my wife works from home now so that is another reason not to spend on it. Her car is paid off for awhile and no reason to spend on another when it gets maybe 3-5k miles a year on it maybe if that. We got discounts for that as well when we called. So lots of ways to save depending what you drive and if you commute or not. Just have to ask for the discounts lol. (Guess I’m a cheap bastard lol)

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Have had that experience all over. It was funny. I used to live in Cedar Rapids, IA. They added stoplight cameras and started issuing tickets for running red lights. That caused people to stop going through on yellows and early red lights and there was a big increase in rear end collisions.

I think they took them all out down here. I know they were trying to ban them with legislation not sure if it passed. Most evidence showed it didn’t reduce accidents and I think by simply the nature of them the people that get ticketed are more likely to be local residents who travel those same intersections daily who wants to pay all those fines...much rather pay police to ticket out of state people and raise funds that way (like most officers tend to do) as opposed to having a computer just send you a ticket over and over. Surprised they are still a thing. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

As a firefighter, always clear your intersection.  Doesn't matter how long you have had the green, look both ways long and wide.  People have zero care about their own life, much less yours.  

No doubt...it usually results in me getting an inconsiderate honk from someone behind me but it’s well worth it. Like someone said would hate to get t-boned or worse have my kid in the car. Nothing is worth the rush.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Oh no doubt. Lots of uninsured drivers down here and of course elderly. Add in PIP too and it’s certainly going to go up. I have a little girl so I sold my bmw and figured I’d be responsible and got a Honda so saved money. Although I’m probably not your avg Floridian working in Naples. Since cars (typically) are such a horrible investment we aren’t spending a college tuition every 5 years to just keep up with the neighbors. Heck my wife works from home now so that is another reason not to spend on it. Her car is paid off for awhile and no reason to spend on another when it gets maybe 3-5k miles a year on it maybe if that. We got discounts for that as well when we called. So lots of ways to save depending what you drive and if you commute or not. Just have to ask for the discounts lol. (Guess I’m a cheap bastard lol)

I sold my Audi a few months back and we are a one car family now, so I feel this. I loved my car but couldn't justify $700/month for a car I was hardly using, and my wife has an SUV so it was an easy decision on which to keep. 

I'll probably never have to go into an office again even when Covid is better. I will have to do business travel again but Uber to the airport solves that pretty easily. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

As a firefighter, always clear your intersection.  Doesn't matter how long you have had the green, look both ways long and wide.  People have zero care about their own life, much less yours.  

Taught our kids a 2 second rule to clear the intersection on green lights. That's great advice you are sharing 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The number of issues I walk away from is mind boggling.  Doesn’t matter if I’m right.  Good thing I have an editor, although he occasionally zones out, which forces me to fend for myself.   

You are a husband and you have been right! I am.impressed.  I just know that if her idea is not the same as mine I just know I am wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The number of issues I walk away from is mind boggling.  Doesn’t matter if I’m right.  Good thing I have an editor, although he occasionally zones out, which forces me to fend for myself.   

That’s the #1 thing I would tell a young married man. You can try to win every fight and be miserable or you can just let her win and have a happy marriage while continuing to get fed, have your laundry done, sleep in your own bed, and occasionally have sex. Honestly I’ve never won a fight...even when I was right and argued and won...I lost...trust me I lost...it was never worth it. Once I learned to see a fight coming and started diffusing them by not arguing...marriage became much easier.

• Like 4