Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

I think this point is lost on most people. Fans will say this guy sucks, and he very may well suck at NBA level standards, but compared to the "regular humans" 99.99% of them would dominate, even the White Mamba...

I recently watched and enjoyed this video about the difference between an 'average Joe' and an 'average' NBA player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The kid from UNC?

That would be ironic...

Yes and I saw Rabby hinting at it as well. Could be nothing but it’s worth watching since he is a big individual that could potentially fill what it seems Woodson is looking for in this roster spot. 

This is satire, but it's pretty funny

Fran McCaffery Forces Connor McCaffery Into Transfer Portal

After twenty-two years of Connor relying on his father for housing, food, Wi-Fi, and a single cold embrace each year on his birthday, Fran, red-faced and yelling indiscriminately at passersby, has apparently grown tired of his second-favorite child’s presence in the McCaffrey home.

While Connor’s initial refusal to move away from home to the University of Iowa’s sprawling, dull campus filled with high school burnouts and first-round Big Ten Tournament losses remains unclear, especially after “earning” a “full” “athletic” “scholarship” for the “basketball team,” it appears as though his lease has run out.

Instead of forming chemistry with his younger brother Patrick, Connor only passed to Luka Garza in the low block, which is an easier job than knowing how to play basketball himself or trying convince his father not to force him to move into the garage so his bedroom can be converted into a soundproof panic room. Coach McCaffery doesn’t believe that Connor has done anything on the court other than pass to Garza.

Connor is reportedly trying to find another tall person to throw a ball in the general direction of, and will hopefully make a decision some time in the coming days.

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2021/5/11/22429617/fran-mccaffery-forces-connor-mccaffery-into-transfer-portal

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is satire, but it's pretty funny

Fran McCaffery Forces Connor McCaffery Into Transfer Portal

After twenty-two years of Connor relying on his father for housing, food, Wi-Fi, and a single cold embrace each year on his birthday, Fran, red-faced and yelling indiscriminately at passersby, has apparently grown tired of his second-favorite child’s presence in the McCaffrey home.

While Connor’s initial refusal to move away from home to the University of Iowa’s sprawling, dull campus filled with high school burnouts and first-round Big Ten Tournament losses remains unclear, especially after “earning” a “full” “athletic” “scholarship” for the “basketball team,” it appears as though his lease has run out.

Instead of forming chemistry with his younger brother Patrick, Connor only passed to Luka Garza in the low block, which is an easier job than knowing how to play basketball himself or trying convince his father not to force him to move into the garage so his bedroom can be converted into a soundproof panic room. Coach McCaffery doesn’t believe that Connor has done anything on the court other than pass to Garza.

Connor is reportedly trying to find another tall person to throw a ball in the general direction of, and will hopefully make a decision some time in the coming days.

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2021/5/11/22429617/fran-mccaffery-forces-connor-mccaffery-into-transfer-portal

I hate articles like this .... so damn funny yet I don't know what is true and what is false now lol....is he really in the portal?

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Didn't know where to put this, so I'll put it here...

ESPN keeps a pretty accurate running tab on comings and goings in each conference...Here's the skinny on the B1G so far...

When the dust settles on who is staying in the draft, we should be able to start seeing some prognostications on how the conference season will go...

Michigan and Purdue look like they'll be the clear favorites, but I don't see why we wouldn't expect to be in that group right after those two with upside to challenge either of them. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Michigan and Purdue look like they'll be the clear favorites, but I don't see why we wouldn't expect to be in that group right after those two with upside to challenge either of them. 

Three teams that the "in limbo" could greatly affect are Ohio State with Washington and Liddell (that's 32 ppg total laying on the table), Maryland with Ayala and Wiggins (30 ppg total), and Rutgers with Harper and Baker (24 ppg total)...

• Like 2