Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

To me I think coach Woodson probably wants more size on the wing and probably don't want to play a 3 guard lineup.  To me if franklin doesn't want to be here we will be fine.  I think Stewart will step into his 2G position and we will look for more length  at the 3 and the 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nobody looks down on somebody who changes a job because it’s a bad fit.  

|Well.....I wasn't particularly thrilled when ex #5 quit her job as a first grade teacher to become an exotic dancer.  The dads of a couple of her students liked it though.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

If I’m Woodson, I’m saying see ya later to Franklin! Stewart will have more of an impact in my opinion. 

Wow, this is a bad take on by all accounts a very good and respectable player. Shame we don’t have a down vote- I’d sure give you one.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me I think coach Woodson probably wants more size on the wing and probably don't want to play a 3 guard lineup.  To me if franklin doesn't want to be here we will be fine.  I think Stewart will step into his 2G position and we will look for more length  at the 3 and the 4.

That’s been said repeatedly so I would say you are spot on

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

I can't imagine this is what the NCAA wanted from the transfer portal but it seemed an obvious result once it got going. Then they amplified it this season with the one year wild wild west option to move anytime and  without sitting. 

It makes me wonder if they intended the portal as an appeasement for the growing push for player payment and ownership of their image/likeness.

Either way it's reeking havoc on programs and coaches. There has to be some sort of compromise that works better.

The portal barn door is wide open and it’s also looking as though the Supreme Court is going to rule in favor of the players in regards to them owning their images, compensation etc.  The college basketball landscape has changed a lot in the last 20 years but it’s going to change to an even greater degree in the  next 3-5 years. Regardless of wether it’s a good or bad thing it is happening.

PS: In the spirit of saving you the time it takes to type a reply, IU Scott,       I will add that you are against the changes :).

• Haha 1

To be clear, I don’t like the idea of Franklin looking around , especially to local BiG teams, my biggest problem was with the delivery with the mommy comment- Dakich has been saying Mommy’s all damn week and if I hear or see this it again I may vomit. That being said, Franklin choosing the Illini would put him in a special category for me, hopefully he’s just checking options, looking a a major decision for all these young men. 

I agree with whomever said if Woody isn’t actively trying to recruit over all of them we picked the wrong man, I think our coach will do his due diligence just like the players. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

If I’m Woodson, I’m saying see ya later to Franklin! Stewart will have more of an impact in my opinion. 

Franklin seems to be a great kid and he really improved between his freshman and sophomore year due to all the off season work he put in.

I really hope he stays.

I don't have any issue with Armaan looking wherever he wants. I hope he sticks with Indiana because we are the best fit for him, but if not I'll wish him well. 

The fact that one of our best players is looking at Illinois is probably a bigger indictment on where we've been the past several years than on that player. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't have any issue with Armaan looking wherever he wants. I hope he sticks with Indiana because we are the best fit for him, but if not I'll wish him well. 

The fact that one of our best players is looking at Illinois is probably a bigger indictment on where we've been the past several years than on that player. 

Devils advocate. When Mom is tweeting out how much she loves IU and our fans.....some might view that as whatever suits the moment move...if in fact they move on.

Armaan and his family have absolutely every right do to what they see as right for them. On the same token it's equally fair for IU fans to be salty if in fact he runs West. I don't like some of the high moral "be better" crowd that always shows up. Nothing directed at you. Just seems to be a theme with some.

We'll see what happens I guess but hearing Armaan is even entertaining Illinois is upsetting. Shoot Underwood turned a 2 year no brainer in Ayo to a late first rounder at best by year 3. What's he know about player development?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Devils advocate. When Mom is tweeting out how much she loves IU and our fans.....some might view that as whatever suits the moment move...if in fact they move on.

Armaan and his family have absolutely every right do to what they see as right for them. On the same token it's equally fair for IU fans to be salty if in fact he runs West. I don't like some of the high moral "be better" crowd that always shows up. Nothing directed at you. Just seems to be a theme with some.

We'll see what happens I guess but hearing Armaan is even entertaining Illinois is upsetting. Shoot Underwood turned a 2 year no brainer in Ayo to a late first rounder at best by year 3. What's he know about player development?

Edit:  I am pulling this back.  I posted it as my take on what things look like based on rumors I have heard.  I don't want my speculative post to be viewed as fact and end up driving a narrative on the guy.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, I think every player except Armaan has met personally with Woodson.  Not this stupid ass Zoom meeting stuff, but actually face to face.  Dude is from Indianapolis.  You are like 1 hour away.  Why couldn't you make any of those meetings that every other teammate seemed to be able to make.  From what I can tell, Armaan has been the one guy who has always had something better to do then to come meet the new coach.

I like him as a player, I fully believe he has every right to go play ball wherever he wants, however, I don't think he is immune to criticism for how this has been going down from the outside looking in.

Dang, I didn’t know that. That sounds like someone who wants to transfer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, I think every player except Armaan has met personally with Woodson.  Not this stupid ass Zoom meeting stuff, but actually face to face.  Dude is from Indianapolis.  You are like 1 hour away.  Why couldn't you make any of those meetings that every other teammate seemed to be able to make.  From what I can tell, Armaan has been the one guy who has always had something better to do then to come meet the new coach.  (If there is a valid reason, like sick relative or whatever, I retract, but it just does not seem like he is giving much of a chance at the moment.)

I like him as a player, I fully believe he has every right to go play ball wherever he wants, however, I don't think he is immune to criticism for how this has been going down from the outside looking in.

Wait.....

How do we know he has not been at any of these meetings, or met with the new coach? Is this verified or conjecture?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, I think every player except Armaan has met personally with Woodson.  Not this stupid ass Zoom meeting stuff, but actually face to face.  Dude is from Indianapolis.  You are like 1 hour away.  Why couldn't you make any of those meetings that every other teammate seemed to be able to make.  From what I can tell, Armaan has been the one guy who has always had something better to do then to come meet the new coach.  (If there is a valid reason, like sick relative or whatever, I retract, but it just does not seem like he is giving much of a chance at the moment.)

Time will tell. If I'm wrong I'll say it....but you're either with us or you're not. No problem on either side. He and his family want to look out what's best for them? Cool. But I'm not going to ever be in the camp of cool.....wish you the best of luck at Purdue or Kentucky or Illinois or Ohio St.

Ask Greg Oden when he couldn't find his way out of BW3's on the North Side if Ohio St did anything for him way back. Long memories with some of these guys or more importantly their families. If Snow wasn't unemployed again I'd ask him to write a piece about IU fans and Keion again.

• Like 3