Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt many rivals are looking forward to battling this dude once Coach Woodson get his hands on him. Just wreaks of bada$$.  

Oh lord help us. @dbmhoosier is now our voice of reason.

He went to IU, played hard, and decided he didn’t want to stay through a coaching change. Anyone who wishes him anything other than good luck needs to look in the mirror a bit IMO. 

Posted Images

Just like with a job offer. Accept or decline is fine for whatever reasons...but after about 3-5 days both sides should feel free to move along to whatever course suits them. I'm hoping Race and Armaan decide soon because you can sense/tell we've entered the uncomfortable stage.

Fans are saying what's wrong with you,etc....why wouldn't you want to come back? I'm fine with whatever course Coach Woodson takes at this point. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say.. I think our timeline (fans) is a much more sped up this time of year than anyone else's. It's the offseason, it's early April. If Armaan truly doesn't know, he's doing exactly what he should be doing: taking his time, crossing T's and dotting I's, and it appears he's been going to workouts with CMW and company. That's a smart decision by him.

Idc "how long it's been" because in reality it really hasn't been that long. I have absolutely zero inside information, but I'll be borderline shocked if he transfers.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Either you are a Hoosier or you aren't. There is no in between.

I posted this before, but this is where it is weird for Franklin IMO. 

Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves personally, and I hate to separate the team by in-state vs out of state, but how does Franklin leave when TJD, Phinisee, Lander, Leal and Galloway are all staying. 

If Franklin leaves he would be the only kid from Indiana to leave. 

That's probably not the best way to look at it, but if he's participating in team activities with these guys currently, it just seems like it would be weird to leave at this point. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say.. I think our timeline (fans) is a much more sped up this time of year than anyone else's. It's the offseason, it's early April. If Armaan truly doesn't know, he's doing exactly what he should be doing: taking his time, crossing T's and dotting I's, and it appears he's been going to workouts with CMW and company. That's a smart decision by him.

Idc "how long it's been" because in reality it really hasn't been that long. I have absolutely zero inside information, but I'll be borderline shocked if he transfers.

Agreed he doesn't have to rush but the carousel is moving...you leave your seat there is nothing to say it will be there when you get back. And the team might have a spot but your might find your spot on the roster isn't "starter" when you come back. Most kids though want to make a move sooner rather than later. To participate in off season programs....to have time to sign up for school and classes. You likely aren't going to wait until a week before your school semester would start or basketball activities start because its a lot of logistics and work to get transfered. I'd say by the end of this school semester (a month) most kids will have made this choice....those that do it later will be ones that have have been effected by other transfers coming in and surplanting their position on the depth chart likely or a late coaching change or family circumstance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I posted this before, but this is where it is weird for Franklin IMO. 

Everyone has to make the best decision for themselves personally, and I hate to separate the team by in-state vs out of state, but how does Franklin leave when TJD, Phinisee, Lander, Leal and Galloway are all staying. 

If Franklin leaves he would be the only kid from Indiana to leave. 

That's probably not the best way to look at it, but if he's participating in team activities with these guys currently, it just seems like it would be weird to leave at this point. 

I don't look at him working out with the team as an indicator he is leaving or staying. He seems like a smart kid and that is the best way for him to get in some quality practice time right now regardless where he ends up. I wouldn't be shocked if he likes his his teammates and enjoys playing with them but he just isn't sure either 1) What his role will be under Woody for next season and/or waiting to see who they are bringing on the team for next season, 2) Maybe he isn't connecting with Woody on some level, or 3) He just thinks another team will give him the best chance to win next season (Virginia?).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my opinion but I guess Race an Franklin should know if they want to comeback or not by now. They know their team mates and the know the school. They know Coach Woodson by now as good as they will know any other coach so you in or out. If none of that is good then say I am not coming back. Move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should probably not ignore that Franklin was not a big name recruit out of high school. It may still be new having coaches like Bennett recruiting him hard.

For example Lander already knows what other top programs offer - he was by them. If I recall correctly, Franklin was mostly recruited by us and Purdue - so we were the only big name to seriously look at him in high school.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rogue3542 said:

VA makes no sense considering what he's transferring from.  They play even slower than IU did under Archie.  IU or Illinois makes much more sense if his goal is to get to the NBA.

Virginia is an awesome school with a great coach who has gotten kids to the NBA and is an amazing role model. I have no idea if Armaan will end up there, but you can't fault a kid for wanting to play for Tony Bennett. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

VA makes no sense considering what he's transferring from.  They play even slower than IU did under Archie.  IU or Illinois makes much more sense if his goal is to get to the NBA.

Well they play the pack line defense...and better than Archie did. That said it just comes down to what the kid wants. If he wants the ball in his hands more and a chance to get up and down in a more free offense....definitely Virginia is not right for him. He can get to the NBA from any school honestly...that part will be on how well he plays and improves....(a long way to go because given his size he will have to become a better point guard). NBA might not be his ultimate goal though. We think that is all kids worry about but maybe that isn't him. It could just be to play for a conference/national championship. Hard to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

Virginia is an awesome school with a great coach who has gotten kids to the NBA and is an amazing role model. I have no idea if Armaan will end up there, but you can't fault a kid for wanting to play for Tony Bennett. 

I, for one, am not ready to put Bennett in the HoF just quite yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

Virginia is an awesome school with a great coach who has gotten kids to the NBA and is an amazing role model. I have no idea if Armaan will end up there, but you can't fault a kid for wanting to play for Tony Bennett. 

 Very, very weak argument.  Of course you can blame him for bailing on the program and especially his teammates.  If he were 17 and a high school recruit, your argument would make sense.  Your argument is like saying you can’t blame a married man for leaving his family because a prettier, more accomplished woman came along.  That would be much different than a single man dating one girl and then leaving for a second girl.  

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good one...definitely recent and definitely won't ever make it for sure. I'd say Bennett has a large enough track record he will easily make it even if he goes 500 rest of his career.

As I said, I am not ready to put him in yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...