Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

18 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

With Brunk gone IU really needs to focus inside. They should be going after John Harrar. He's not a giant but at 6'8 230 or more he's one of the physically strongest players in the conference. Archie mentioned it last season. Nothing over special about his game but at least he can hold his ground and he average 8 pts and 8 reb last season for Penn State.

I loved Harrar's game, but I am not sure he fits what we want to do going forward. Fit is the most important factor. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Did I see somebody say that Fife mentioned there would be more coming AND going? I know we don’t like to speculate on kids leaving, but there are a few guys we’ve heard nothing from since Woody’s hire. 

Basically alluded to roster turnover could still happen. 

I have a feeling one of Leal or Galloway might transfer after being told their minutes will be limited. Sounds like we are going after a few different options at SG and wing that will all be better, more well rounded players. No inside info, just a hunch if anyone else were to leave I feel like it would be one of those 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Bryce Thompson, 5-star shooting guard from Kansas, has entered the portal.

I hope we at least kick the tires on this one. If he is interested, healthy, and a cultural fit, a player like that would really change our ceiling next year.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I have a feeling one of Leal or Galloway might transfer after being told their minutes will be limited. Sounds like we are going after a few different options at SG and wing that will all be better, more well rounded players. No inside info, just a hunch if anyone else were to leave I feel like it would be one of those 2.

i hope not.  just in the aspect that they are born Hoosiers.  i personally don't think either are ever going to have a huge role, but if they're our 12th and 13th men or 11 and 12 or whatever, i love it.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Particularly, I think Leal has more upside than some people realize.

I think they both have more potential then some realize. Like you said I doubt either of them will be stars but I think they both can be really good B1G players.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Leal and Galloway will play roles. The up and down game suits Galloway, and Leal will likely be a really good shooter, which Woodson clearly values.

They may not start or be stars. But I think they will have roles beyond being great teammates at the end of the bench.

Particularly, I think Leal has more upside than some people realize.

i hate to say this because i like them both and have nothing against them, but... i kind of think the opposite.  i think they both got a little too much credit when they did any little good thing because we were all looking so hard for good things in a miserable season.  Leal can definitely shoot, but i thought it was a little much when people talked about how great of a feel he has for the game and how great of an entry passer he was.  Galloway has great energy and i like how he sets people up, but h can't shoot and doesn't look to score and as the season went on really hurt us when he was on the floor.  not to say they won't improve though.  definitely like having them on the roster, but not so sure they have huge upsides.  maybe Todd Leary and Pat Graham?  

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i hate to say this because i like them both and have nothing against them, but... i kind of think the opposite.  i think they both got a little too much credit when they did any little good thing because we were all looking so hard for good things in a miserable season.  Leal can definitely shoot, but i thought it was a little much when people talked about how great of a feel he has for the game and how great of an entry passer he was.  Galloway has great energy and i like how he sets people up, but h can't shoot and doesn't look to score and as the season went on really hurt us when he was on the floor.  not to say they won't improve though.  definitely like having them on the roster, but not so sure they have huge upsides.  maybe Todd Leary and Pat Graham?  

I dont necessarily disagree. But I never said huge upside. I mentioned enough upside to be contributors. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I know things are different today but there were a time when a lot of freshman was not expected to contribute right away.  I hope these guys are given a shot to develop and grow as players and are allowed to grow at their own pace.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know things are different today but there were a time when a lot of freshman was not expected to contribute right away.  I hope these guys are given a shot to develop and grow as players and are allowed to grow at their own pace.

True.  Most of the 100-150 kids don’t contribute to winning teams until their junior or senior seasons.  

22 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I'm sure the staff had some hard truth conversations with him. He just doesn't quite fit with what Woody is building. Wish him the best of luck.

Fife said in his presser that he didn't do a very good job talking to Joey to get him to stay. He also went off about people outside the program getting in the kids ears. So no this is on Joey leaving, not the staff, they wanted him back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Fife said in his presser that he didn't do a very good job talking to Joey to get him to stay. He also went off about people outside the program getting in the kids ears. So no this is on Joey leaving, not the staff, they wanted him back.

My statement was saying staff probably told him the minutes he would receive/how he would be used. So yeah, he doesn't fit what the team will be running. I don't blame Joey for leaving if he was only going to get a couple minutes a game. I never said they told him to leave.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

My statement was saying staff probably told him the minutes he would receive/how he would be used. So yeah, he doesn't fit what the team will be running. I don't blame Joey for leaving if he was only going to get a couple minutes a game. I never said they told him to leave.

i still can't believe we couldn't have used him 8-10 minutes a game.  if that's what he was told and wasn't good with it, then i get it.  seems weird though.  does he expect 20 + minutes a game somewhere coming off a back injury?

• Like 1