Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

4 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Add Franklin from IU

4 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

U betcha...Leal and Galloway both said they are staying and playing for Indiana...guess hes not..although he can still come back if he likes the new coach

Yeah, lost some respect here. It’s all about “me” these days though, so it’s not surprising. 

15 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Add Race Thompson

And really TJD is somewhat in a transfer portal if we are being honest as well, he will be weighing going pro...he could come back, but it is a similar situation to these other guys.

So we have 80% of our starting line up thinking of being somewhere else next year.

Man, just speaking for myself, I can't do the start of the Crean era again.  Dolson better know what he is doing.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

And really TJD is somewhat in a transfer portal if we are being honest as well, he will be weighing going pro...he could come back, but it is a similar situation to these other guys.

So we have 80% of our starting line up thinking of being somewhere else next year.

Man, just speaking for myself, I can't do the start of the Crean era again.  Dolson better know what he is doing.

As much as we dogged TJD during the season at times, I actually appreciate the fact he’s hanging in there to see who IU hires.  He could’ve thrown his name in the draft a week ago.    Hats off to him for showing some IU heart. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

As much as we dogged TJD during the season at times, I actually appreciate the fact he’s hanging in there to see who IU hires.  He could’ve thrown his name in the draft a week ago.    Hats off to him for showing some IU heart. 

Yeah, if we can get a core of guys to stick around, this doesn't have to be a total rebuild.  I think a good system and a good coach could do well with TJD, Franklin, Race, Lander, Phinisee, Galloway, Leal, Geronimo, Duncomb, Brunk? and then a couple of transfers.  

Do we compete for titles?  Probably not.  But with the right growth over the summer, the right system, and the right buy in, that could be a tournament team next year.

I want the whole team to stick around if we can.  I want these guys to get a chance to play in a system and for a coach where they can actually enjoy being here.  I think that is completely possible IF we keep the core pieces here and bring in the right guy to run the show.

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

My god. Talking about a mass exodus. Are we going back to Crean's second year? 

We have to hire a big named coach.  Someone who has a winning track record and can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.  Someone who is going to sell the program as soon as its announced.  Can't have an introvert.  Can't be an up and comer.  Has to be a bigger than life, bigger than the campus personality.  Just what i think needs to happen

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

Next year will see a lot of Transfers for all teams. This may actually work in the new coaches favor. He will hit the transfer market hard and get to make a roster that he likes. I would welcome Race and Armaan back with open arms. They represented the school well. However, I completely understand them testing the waters and if they decide to go then a transfer will probably be available to replace them. No one on the roster has a winning record in the B10 and they share those losses with their coach. I saw no one on last year's team who was irreplaceable. 

• Like 3

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.