Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

8 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

It is generally thought that they are going to pass a one transfer waiver this year. If that happens and we get  a coach in a major conference, he could possibly bring a few players from that team....... Unless it is Brad Stevens..... the Celtics are not coming. 

Boo.gif.8b3cae642ceff84c6363b7d641dd1bc1.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

It is generally thought that they are going to pass a one transfer waiver this year. If that happens and we get  a coach in a major conference, he could possibly bring a few players from that team....... Unless it is Brad Stevens..... the Celtics are not coming. 

No I understand that. I don’t understand the thought of you don’t want anyone to come back from the portal because we were sub .500

On 3/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, MaroonRebel said:

Wrote this in another thread. Last year we were 12 - 15. I am fine with them going. It may be a better fit. The new coach may bring in half of his team. Everyone gets a free transfer this year. New coach will bring players without a doubt.  

I’m with you. As long as the hire is worth it we will be just fine. I’m happy actually because this way the coach can decide who he wants to recruit back and keep and doesn’t have to hold on to kids he doesn’t want and try to force it to work like Archie had to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indykev said:

Thats why its important to get the right guy. To keep the ones you want.

Yep. I kinda like our guys in the portal. That way the new coach can simply recruit back the ones he wants and let go of the ones he doesn’t. Won’t be stuck with left over ground chuck and can go get some prime angus steak!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Yep. I kinda like our guys in the portal. That way the new coach can simply recruit back the ones he wants and let go of the ones he doesn’t. Won’t be stuck with left over ground chuck and can go get some prime angus steak!

Players are starting to sign. MIch.St. got a good one today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ledies22 said:

No I understand that. I don’t understand the thought of you don’t want anyone to come back from the portal because we were sub .500

I am fine if they come back if the new coach wants them. I am also ok if they go. Franklin , Race, and Lander are good players. I would not be surprised if the guards  don’t end up at UL. I love Race and felt he was the hardest working player. However, I don’t know the new coach or his system. The players don’t either which is why they are in the portal.  I do know most offenses are 3pt driven and only Franklin was over 40%. I think Lander was the only point guard we had last year and he rarely  saw the floor. I also don’t think last year’s roster complimented each other well.  No outside shooting which meant teams packed it in or went under screens. Next year would be more of the same. Missed wide open threes. 

Well, we’ll get a preview very shortly on how recruits will view the new hire.  Is Woodson/Matta enough to keep everyone in Bloomington?

Durham and Geronimo are likely gone.  Personally, I don’t really care whether Thompson and Stewart leave — they should be easily replaceable in the transfer portal.  But they’ve gotta convince Lander and Franklin to stay... And maybe Woodson can convince TJD he can get him into the first round of the draft if he comes back for one last go round. 

Edited by FW_Hoosier
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/landers-father-says-hes-keeping-option-to-return-open-still-glad-he-reclassified/

Not a real ringing endorsement of Miller towards the end of the article there IMO.

I mean the last 2 paragraphs are pretty telling on how the team rolled. The offense was micromanaged to the point of making the players lose confidence. There was major confusion in the offense too because of the same reason. There was a hierarchical system put in place. Younger guys playing weren't allowed mistakes or they were yanked. I mean you can see why there might be locker room problems a little bit and why you saw Archie lose the locker room. 

• Like 5

There also seems to be a lot of highly ranked 2021 that are listed as undecided.  Maybe being new to the college recruiting, Woodson can jump in.  That Holmgren guy is a center and top ranked player.    Also, Tamar Bates wants out of his Texas commitment. Maybe going to follow shaka or maybe not?  He is at the same Folrida academy as 2 high ranked centers.  I don't follow the recruiting enough other than the names but would it be a good idea for Woodson to make call or a visit to that academy?