Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Are they planning to do so?  Growing up, I had a branch of family in Arkansas and we’d drive it from Indiana once a year or so.  Not a straight shot at all.  But I think the I-69 concept would cut it down a lot by essentially creating a diagonal.   The funny thing is I don’t drive it anymore lol.  

I think that is the plan...Would make a trip to Indy or Bloomington a 14 hour piece of cake!

• Thanks 1

Very anecdotal post: BUT...

a few springs ago, I watched the EYBL event in Westfield.   I was super-impressed by Cole Swider, who played for BABC AAU (Boston-area basketball club).  The lad can shoot, big time.  

He is 6’9, can play 3 or 4.  Just entered portal, and he will be a senior next season, but a quick fix as recruiting gets its momentum with new staff.  He never really got into the rotation at Villanova, but the kid can play. 

Edited by Fundamentals
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Do you think Woodson has given the current IU players in the portal a deadline as to when they have to give him an answer if they want to return?  Would seem that we can't wait forever for them to decide.

I would almost bet there is a deadline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

a few springs ago, I watched the EYBL event in Westfield.   I was super-impressed by Cole Swider, who played for BABC AAU (Boston-area basketball club).  The lad can shoot, big time.  

He is 6’9, can play 3 or 4.  Just entered portal, and he will be a senior next season, but a quick fix as recruiting gets its momentum with new staff.  He never really got into the rotation at Villanova, but the kid can play. 

I believe Archie had IU in Swider's final 3-5 schools. So there is some familiarity with IU. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

I thought he was just in his 2nd year at Villanova

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.